Builds Build: Snowball, the 91 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20220415_084319 (1).jpg

I'm hoping it settles a little bit!

Next up I grounded the intake cooling fan (it sits behind the drivers headlight). When the truck is shut off, regardless of temp, the fan runs for about 30-35 minutes. I circled where the wire was and where it is now in the firewall.

20220423_091547.jpg

I had a bit of stumble at idle and an occasional "lazy start" when the truck was warm. During the desmog I removed a VSV needed by the FPR. You can see in the above picture how I re-mounted the VSV off the throttle cable bracket.

Post #6 in this thread was really helpful solving those issues!

The last big piece of the puzzle came yesterday - a Bowfin rack. I had an order placed for a Prinsu rack but they weren't sure when they could fulfill it. Also there were some posts about the mounting points interfering with the doors opening. So I went back to Bowfin which I had on my prior 80.

20220510_165653.jpg

20220510_222726.jpg

Looking good, I love white 80's!!!! Hopefully you can get some more good years out of that 3fe

I'm itching to buy that white diesel 80 for sale in the classifieds. I really like this one, but how bad ass would a diesel be?!?

I'm itching to buy that white diesel 80 for sale in the classifieds. I really like this one, but how bad ass would a diesel be?!?
Pretty badass, but the 3FE is perfectly fine and just as capable on dirt. Besides, there is a whole new level of satisfaction from building your own rig from the ground up!

Its been a while!

After working with a few vendors on an engine swap, I had a deal fall into my lap that couldn't refuse. Snowball hooked a ride to Colorado for major surgery in November of 2022
E75CFFA6-B29A-4002-8E76-9B1CE86D43BD.jpg

Low miles and rust free on a great FJ80. Now a drivetrain that can to 80 mph on the highway - all that is left is to address the axles.

Best shop around for this is Valley Hybrids and Cruiser Brothers in Stockton CA. @orangefj45 worked with me to source a full float rear end. Then he let me deliver my LS80 sight unseen where he installed Eaton lockers front and rear, along with a factory switch.

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom