Is this supposed to be unplugged? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed that this sensor (blue plug), which appears to be a stock water temp sensor, is unplugged.

Any idea if it’s supposed to be plugged in, and if so, where I could look for the connector?

1hd-ft

29A7F6CF-7EB2-466E-94A7-7BA93B675743.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a similar thing on the thermostat housing of my B engine.

I was looking for a proper plug as the thermostat housing came with more ports than I need for my engine/gauges, but couldn't find the right thread/pitch so I used a sensor even though I didn't plan to plug into it. I know there's an oil pressure sensor that ties into the EDIC (which was removed on my application some time ago, and I'm not going to replace it) that shuts down the engine in case of low oil pressure. I don't know if there's a similar function for over-temp.

Bottom line is, in my thermostat housing there are more ports than I need wires for and the easiest way to plug one of them was with a sensor, to which I did not connect a wire - because the wire that feeds the stock gauge cluster is fed from a different spot.

HTH,
Travis.-

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder if I can use it for an auxiliary temp gauge, I would need to know the type of probe or at least the scale used.

PM me , ill shoot you 1 of these if you decide to delete it ?

, OEM Genuine TOYOTA Parts ......fyi :cool:

1652316506164.png

1652316524767.png

Thanks, I doubt i'll delete it though. I will either try to get readings from a stock gauge or put my own probe in. Looks like 1/4" NPT?

there is NOTHING NPT on any toyota ..............globally fyi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom