Do any of you recognise this trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overland-cruisers.co.uk
Hi,

We are doing some work on a UK spec 1989 HJ60, model HJ60RG-MNW and it appears to have some chrome trim alog the sills and we are trying to find out it's origins.

There is no sign of it on the Toyota parts system, so wondering if anyone else has seen one of these before.

PXL_20220506_103700222.jpg

The other side has fallen off and we are trying to find the correct trim clips for it.

Many thanks.

It’s OEM.

Sometimes referred to as ‘snake blinders’

Unavailable new and generally expensive when found.

Ugh, thoes are unfortunately OEM. Mine are falling off too. I would try going to a parts store and seeing if you could get some body tape to stick it on.

Ugh, thoes are unfortunately OEM. Mine are falling off too. I would try going to a parts store and seeing if you could get some body tape to stick it on.
Why use body tape when the clips are still available?

Why not purchase the clips from the dealer or online dealer? @Ernboto is correct on the part number for the clips. 5 on each side. I got some in Dec 21. 75867-20020
The other part you will most likely need are the plastic plugs that go into the body that these clips attach to.
You can get those at CruiserParts.net.
Rocker Panel Trim Clip Receiver 81-90 60 Series Cruisers (S 67772-22021)
I think I bought 12 of those. The weird thing is....on my 84 it was like the snake blinders were an after thought....one side had a different number of holes than the other.

Mine has them but I took them off. Dont want to damage them if they arent available anymore and they seem to serve no practical purpose. There are no snakes here to worry about.

Mine has them but I took them off. Dont want to damage them if they arent available anymore and they seem to serve no practical purpose. There are no snakes here to worry about.
What did you do with the holes in the rockers for the plastic clips? I would remove mine but the holes remain.

I was actually wondering about that before I put mine back on. How much do you guys spray inside there? Also you can get to the back side thru the bigger rubber grommet holes.

Spray oil or grease into your rockers until it drips out onto the newspapers you placed under your truck on your garage floor. The rockers should be proverbially sloshing with oil ;). The bottom pinch weld of the rocker is what's most critical, since dirt/salt/water fall there due to gravity. Clean out the rocker drain holes, which are stamped slots in the pinch weld. Use a zip tie to un-clog these passages.

:rofl: I prefer cardboard, but I think it comes with owning a 60! Oil is always coming out of somewhere. Thanks for the tip, I'll get on it this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom