Front Bump Stop Spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
When running big tires, often need more front bump stop to keep them out of the fenders. The traditional method is adding the spacer on the upper end, this often causes contact with coil. So we make a target spacer to go on the axle side.

Stuck some @Hitit66 scrap in the drill press and used a hole saw to make blanks. Then chucked them in the lathe to cut away anything that doesn't look like a spacer.
Spacers_1.jpg

Using the insert tool, added threads to the hole in the target.
Spacers_2.jpg

Spacers_3.jpg

Bolt the spacer on.
Spacers_4.jpg

Works well, as needed can add thin shim/spacers under the upper stop, but this reduces the amount needed.
Spacers_5.jpg

I have just drilled a hole in the center of a hockey puck and bolted right in that spot...$2.00.:meh:

Last edited:
I have just drilled a hole in the center of a hockey puck and bolted right in that spot...$2.00.:meh:
I am also using hockey pucks but as a spacer on the top. Tossed the cup thing so it doesn’t rub the springs.

We didn't have any hockey pucks, so used the scrap that was handy, it's also 1-1/4" vs 1".

Hard to find pucks, or ice, in Phoenix :p

WHY? The Coyotes play there, plus they have TONS of Jr teams out of Phoenix..... were in 2017..... not 1917:flipoff2:

WHY? The Coyotes play there, plus they have TONS of Jr teams out of Phoenix..... were in 2017..... not 1917:flipoff2:

Yeah?! They fired Shane Dian and I don't see no Stanley Cup. Thus: no hockey!

I bought a set of these from @Hitit66 back in 2018. He also make sway bar spacers and rear bump stop spacers and has active threads on those. All of them are very functional and look nice.

BUMP! This is an awesome idea has anyone started producing these? If not I see the jeep guys have something similar with a 3.5" diameter. Do you think something like this could work?

I bought a set of these from @Hitit66 back in 2018. He also make sway bar spacers and rear bump stop spacers and has active threads on those. All of them are very functional and look nice.
Hi guys I have a bunch of them (Front bumper stop spacers ) let me know what size you need it.
Thanks
Hitit66

BUMP! This is an awesome idea has anyone started producing these? If not I see the jeep guys have something similar with a 3.5" diameter. Do you think something like this could work?

Hi guys I have a bunch of them (Front bumper stop spacers ) let me know what size you need it.
Thanks
Hitit

9FF7A2EE-6F24-4F61-B86E-EE90154D7157.jpeg

1EED57CC-D7A9-4031-AFFF-884BE8DA5DB1.jpeg

F0F9D2A5-76DD-40A3-BD6C-8B1224CB392D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom