Is anybody still interested in a center console? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Little new development for the center console modifying folks.

2-part product:
A. a somewhat generic center console replacing "base" for folks who want to build their own accessories
B. a quick-attach mount for the Dometic CDF11

The CDF attaches to the mount via toggle clamps, super easy to pull out to put on pic-a-nic table or something.

The BASE provides a two level surface (two levels to keep the main surface as low as possible) for mounting whatever you want. The BASE will work with either OEM shifter console or our shifter console.

It has:

-6 rivnuts placed on a 6x6 pattern for easy designing of accessories to bolt to it.
-Space under to route cables.
-A removable rear plate to with knock-outs to mount cig lighter style power accessories.

Shot of the base here
View attachment 2901148

CDF11 on mount with front add-on cubby so it meets up with the shifter console nicely.
View attachment 2901149

View attachment 2901150

Here you can see the toggle clamp on the back for ease of removal
View attachment 2901151

This shows what would be left in the vehicle if you pull the CDF out for portable cold beverage pleasure.
View attachment 2901152
This is awesome, is it in stock on the website? I'm not seeing i and am very interested so I can put a CDF11 in

What’s everyone’s go-to 12v outlets to use with this console? Blue Sea? Just need it to charge my phones, etc.

What’s everyone’s go-to 12v outlets to use with this console? Blue Sea? Just need it to charge my phones, etc.
the blue sea quick-charge USB outlets are really nice and worth the extra clams

@Delta VS does this setup interchange the Dometic and your center console using the new base? Love the idea of the fridge/ freezer but would love it even more if
I could swap it back to the console when running around town. The link looks like that the case but hard to tell. If not any chance this is in the works?

@Delta VS does this setup interchange the Dometic and your center console using the new base? Love the idea of the fridge/ freezer but would love it even more if
I could swap it back to the console when running around town. The link looks like that the case but hard to tell. If not any chance this is in the works?
There are three new products wrapped up in this setup:
-80 series universal base
-CDF11 mount (attaches to base)
-Universal flat bottomed console (attaches to base)

The flat bottomed console is exactly like the 80 Series console except it has a flat bottom to mount to the base and be the same height as the 80 Series base. Moving forward (40, 60, 100, etc) we will simply make base adapters for each vehicle and use the flat bottom console.

You can attach either the CDF mount or the flat bottomed console to the base (one at a time). The 80 series console does not mount to the base, it would replace it.

Does that answer your question?

I think I got it, Do you have details on what it takes to remove the CDF mount/ flat console from the base? Looks like it fastens with (6)1/4-20 bolts to some rev-nuts? I take it the idea is to mount the CDF mount so you can easily install/ remove it but interchanging the console and CDF mount would take a bit more? Sorry if in you install instructions, haven't got that far yet.

I think I got it, Do you have details on what it takes to remove the CDF mount/ flat console from the base? Looks like it fastens with (6)1/4-20 bolts to some rev-nuts? I take it the idea is to mount the CDF mount so you can easily install/ remove it but interchanging the console and CDF mount would take a bit more? Sorry if in you install instructions, haven't got that far yet.
That is correct, three 1/4-20 on each side is what attaches both the flat bottom console and the CDF mount to the base. Depending on what kind of wiring/connectors you have into the console, the swap could take less than 5 minutes.

One stainless clasp and the fridge can come out though, when that setup is installed.

76EA976C-14AC-42F1-9573-19148185927B.jpeg

Here is mine installed, I may be the first adopter from the looks of it. All my wiring goes through the shifter console in to the base and then is distributed to the various USB ports and the refrigerator. So swapping it out would just take time clipping the fridge, then six bolts. One piece of feedback is I think the latches could use a little bit of reworking in their strength, the “arm” to the latch should probably be one piece. It would also be cool to have USB punch outs at the front of the cubby because there is space for it and that makes it more interchangeable with the center consul while retaining USB ports. Other than that nitpicky stuff I am super happy

Echoing what others have said here the blue sea quick charge dual port is awesome.

Did a Delta Vehicle Systems shifter console and center console upgrade on the LS3-80. With the center console came the leather cover option. It comes in raw leather which we figured would be fine but it was enough of a difference from the oak leather that we decided to try and match it.

Now I know very little about working with leather so I contacted someone that knew a whole lot more than I did. He being the local guy who does interiors for hot rods and private planes. The guy’s work is unbelievable.

I called him and asked for a suggestion of where to buy leather dye (since my initial searches came up empty). His response was “why?”

He said that dyeing leather is something that is generally done in large batches when you want to maintain the visual grain structure. He said that for something tiny like a center console cover he just uses SEM paint. A paint!? A paint.

Off to the local professional auto body paint supply where, as it turns out, they carry every single variation of SEM colors that are offered. It was a gold mine.

Started with the “vinyl” prep and finished it off with SEM 15893 Med. Prairie Tan. It was a near perfect match.

First console image is raw leather. The other two are post paint. In the images I noticed that the camera doesn’t pic up the color variance the way the human eye does. I think it’s likely because the newly painted piece is more photon reflective and looks “brighter”. It’s not. So I tweaked the color in the photo to give a better idea of the color match to real life.

BAA4A820-4F1C-48B4-9BEB-4502214C9EFA.jpeg

D210E274-CCD5-43BF-A1DC-124156616711.jpeg

92406F18-FB3D-461F-B00E-86B2FC3DBDA9.jpeg

16DED918-6A3E-43CB-9C81-AC5C2ECC8BEF.jpeg

Did a Delta Vehicle Systems shifter console and center console upgrade on the LS3-80. With the center console came the leather cover option. It comes in raw leather which we figured would be fine but it was enough of a difference from the oak leather that we decided to try and match it.

Now I know very little about working with leather so I contacted someone that knew a whole lot more than I did. He being the local guy who does interiors for hot rods and private planes. The guy’s work is unbelievable.

I called him and asked for a suggestion of where to buy leather dye (since my initial searches came up empty). His response was “why?”

He said that dyeing leather is something that is generally done in large batches when you want to maintain the visual grain structure. He said that for something tiny like a center console cover he just uses SEM paint. A paint!? A paint.

Off to the local professional auto body paint supply where, as it turns out, they carry every single variation of SEM colors that are offered. It was a gold mine.

Started with the “vinyl” prep and finished it off with SEM 15893 Med. Prairie Tan. It was a near perfect match.

First console image is raw leather. The other two are post paint. In the images I noticed that the camera doesn’t pic up the color variance the way the human eye does. I think it’s likely because the newly painted piece is more photon reflective and looks “brighter”. It’s not. So I tweaked the color in the photo to give a better idea of the color match to real life.

View attachment 2962924

View attachment 2962925

View attachment 2962926

View attachment 2962927
Oh man, I gotta get a wits end organizer for my @Delta VS drop down tray.

Did he say how long this holds up? I'm pretty sure my GS was from TX and got caught with the sunroof open and someone touched it up with this paint. Interior was amazing when I bought it and it broke down pretty quick cracking and showing wear over a few years.

Did he say how long this holds up? I'm pretty sure my GS was from TX and got caught with the sunroof open and someone touched it up with this paint. Interior was amazing when I bought it and it broke down pretty quick cracking and showing wear over a few years.

“years” was what he said. Only so much you can do ya know :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom