Builds The Oddball 80 - Middle East GX Renovation (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great trip. This 3FE/H150 combo just continues to amaze me. It’s just a perfect setup in this stripped down 80.

EB1B0CEF-5830-46B7-8D9E-375632311346.jpeg

01EFB5D1-917A-44CF-B113-CAEB40178A04.jpeg

34DDEEF7-1098-41FB-BE7D-E963535A0B1B.jpeg

C824E51A-D5E2-460E-A3D2-5F7A3F8B2384.jpeg

262398A1-35C5-46AA-BEB2-1FE1AC750DEA.jpeg

Looked like an exciting outing!!

My favorite part of @wngrog ’s build threads are they always include follow up posts showing how all the efforts = use, precisely what Cruisers are intended!!!

Looked like an exciting outing!!

My favorite part of @wngrog ’s build threads are they always include follow up posts showing how all the efforts = use, precisely what Cruisers are intended!!!
I was looking back at my notes and realized since I put this 3FE back together I’ve literally not touched anything under the hood. It’s like a 100, I don’t even check the oil before a big trip. Zero issues.

The only thing this thing needs is a catalytic converter. Still has some gas smell in the exhaust.

Thanks for following along. The story continues.

441ED7E5-7745-4981-9AAD-BEFDB3BA606B.jpeg

I was looking back at my notes and realized since I put this 3FE back together I’ve literally not touched anything under the hood. It’s like a 100, I don’t even check the oil before a big trip. Zero issues.

The only thing this thing needs is a catalytic converter. Still has some gas smell in the exhaust.

Thanks for following along. The story continues.

View attachment 3003888
Have you had to adjust the valves? I heard you have to do it every 15k on those or they can burn out.

Anyway great pics, I’ve been meaning to get down to the lake Winona area. The Ozark NF is great too, you can explore for weeks in there.

Have you had to adjust the valves? I heard you have to do it every 15k on those or they can burn out.

Anyway great pics, I’ve been meaning to get down to the lake Winona area. The Ozark NF is great too, you can explore for weeks in there.

I’ve only got about 10,000 on this head. It’s got LS Chevy valves in it now so I don’t think the usual 3F stuff applies.

Ozarks. Yeah I’ve got a million miles there but the UTVs and UTube people have wrecked the place. It makes me sad.

I’ve only got about 10,000 on this head. It’s got LS Chevy valves in it now so I don’t think the usual 3F stuff applies.

Ozarks. Yeah I’ve got a million miles there but the UTVs and UTube people have wrecked the place. It makes me sad.
Oh really? I hadn’t noticed that many SxS or YouTubers in the trials I was running. That’s too bad you’ve noticed some negative impacts though. Were they tearing up the trails where you were at or something?

Oh really? I hadn’t noticed that many SxS or YouTubers in the trials I was running. That’s too bad you’ve noticed some negative impacts though. Were they tearing up the trails where you were at or something?

I can’t believe you live there and don’t see the impact of all the new people that have flooded the area.

I stopped posting about the area a few years ago because so many people were landing in my secret spots.

So far the Winona area is UTV free

6816A2A6-C221-42FC-8A0D-E0C6BDEC3941.jpeg

I can’t believe you live there and don’t see the impact of all the new people that have flooded the area.

I stopped posting about the area a few years ago because so many people were landing in my secret spots.

So far the Winona area is UTV free

View attachment 3003939
I’ve only been here a couple years, I’ve been mostly around the white rock mountain and upper buffalo river

I saw some UTVs but it didn’t seem out of control to me the times I was down there. I guess it could’ve just been a slow day though. It’s a shame to hear some areas have been overrun.

Last edited:

I have observed similar issues in Mi and it has become more dangerous with all the traffic and speeds. I even wrote the DNR a letter……

I have observed similar issues in Mi and it has become more dangerous with all the traffic and speeds. I even wrote the DNR a letter……
I used to joke in Colorado that you can’t go anywhere off road without hitting a traffic jam because somebody drove a UTV off the trail or one will fall on you.

I agree - the ATV's, UTV's SxS's - whatever you want to call 'em, are becoming annoying, even in town. My small community here in OR passed an ordinance allowing them to legally be driven on the town's streets, with a driver's license. However, many kids that are obviously too young to have a DL are abusing this and to complain about it just marks you for a target. I believe this regulation also applies at most off road parks here in OR, but it's not enforced except when violence or extreme driving is or has ocurred. These vehicles are very useful on a farm or ranch and even come in handy in big game hunting, but when everybody and their baby brother has one for recreation, buzzing up and down city streets or through campgrounds and campsites, tearing up trails they shouldn't be on....well, I'll just leave it there.:hmm:

I agree - the ATV's, UTV's SxS's - whatever you want to call 'em, are becoming annoying, even in town. My small community here in OR passed an ordinance allowing them to legally be driven on the town's streets, with a driver's license. However, many kids that are obviously too young to have a DL are abusing this and to complain about it just marks you for a target. I believe this regulation also applies at most off road parks here in OR, but it's not enforced except when violence or extreme driving is or has ocurred. These vehicles are very useful on a farm or ranch and even come in handy in big game hunting, but when everybody and their baby brother has one for recreation, buzzing up and down city streets or through campgrounds and campsites, tearing up trails they shouldn't be on....well, I'll just leave it there.:hmm:
I haven't seen the worst of it I guess, but I have noticed some of the SxS community has this really entitled attitude like only they should be able to use off-road parks and trails. I've even heard some of them will complain if they see a truck or SUV on "their" public trails. They've even managed to get some staging areas set aside exclusively for ATVs. I'm not saying everyone's like that and I'm not saying the 4x4 community os perfect either, but there definitely is a contingent of UTV riders that feel like they're God's gift to the Earth because they had 15 grand to spend at Bass Pro Shops.

Anyway, I never understood the obsession with SxS's myself; I'd rather just get another single cab Tacoma, XJ, or Samurai that can be used as a daily as well.

I haven't seen the worst of it I guess, but I have noticed some of the SxS community has this really entitled attitude like only they should be able to use off-road parks and trails. I've even heard some of them will complain if they see a truck or SUV on "their" public trails. They've even managed to get some staging areas set aside exclusively for ATVs. I'm not saying everyone's like that and I'm not saying the 4x4 community os perfect either, but there definitely is a contingent of UTV riders that feel like they're God's gift to the Earth because they had 15 grand to spend at Bass Pro Shops.

Anyway, I never understood the obsession with SxS's myself; I'd rather just get another single cab Tacoma, XJ, or Samurai that can be used as a daily as well.
I agree. In addition to the high cost you have to get something to haul them with, too.

Y'all keep this up and I'll move it to Chat ;)

Let Nolen have his thread back.
I started it I guess.

OK. All good. I actually own a SXS but I use it for grunt work

95CD3D82-5159-4B59-8241-D7FB4438146C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom