Anybody know where to find these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for hub caps for a JDM 1991 FJ80, and I cannot seem to find any that look like this. Afraid to purchase another type and find out they don’t fit. Also, do only two of the wheels come with caps (rear)? Everybody seems to sell them in 2’s and mine only came with 2 when I bought. Thanks!

D9F7E9F9-C4F8-415A-8B5B-8F3D1D94C191.jpeg

1747BE6B-3D35-4D4F-853A-F7EFCAA7C165.jpeg

3546088B-4D10-4B9D-A8C3-D54BD257ED5C.jpeg

You could try Amayama or Partsouq. Cruiserparts dot net often has JDM parts like that.

You could try Amayama or Partsouq. Cruiserparts dot net often has JDM parts like that.
Searching for them using the part numbers in amayama. Nothing available in partsouq. I’m willing to buy a full set of a different style. Will any of the 91-92 year caps fit? The mounting tabs look different on everything I find, so I’m not sure.

Searching for them using the part numbers in amayama. Nothing available in partsouq. I’m willing to buy a full set of a different style. Will any of the 91-92 year caps fit? The mounting tabs look different on everything I find, so I’m not sure.
Look for ones from a 4Runner or pickup as well.

That was my thought too.

They are sold out here but these look like them:

Small tangent, is there anything preventing me from busting the rust off the hubs and using POR-15 on them? I don’t mind the look of them without caps, I just don’t want a big rusted hunk of metal hanging out there. Still trying to track down 4Runner caps!

Small tangent, is there anything preventing me from busting the rust off the hubs and using POR-15 on them? I don’t mind the look of them without caps, I just don’t want a big rusted hunk of metal hanging out there. Still trying to track down 4Runner caps!
I painted mine black with rustoleum. I like the look but I do have to repaint every couple of years. POR15 would also work but you would need the UV inhibiting top coat, the paint itself won't hold up well in the sunlight.

Buy a black VHT paint from auto parts store, wire brush and clean the hub with brake cleaner before paint.

The drum is what needs the VHT. Otherwise you can use an epoxy primer and black top coat. You can do it all with epoxy primer and black top coat but these will eventually burn off of the hottest areas of the drums.

Most of us do this to some level.

Buy a black VHT paint from auto parts store, wire brush and clean the hub with brake cleaner before paint.

The drum is what needs the VHT. Otherwise you can use an epoxy primer and black top coat. You can do it all with epoxy primer and black top coat but these will eventually burn off of the hottest areas of the drums.

Most of us do this to some level.
The VHT Roll bar and Chasis paint has a really nice finish. Looks like satin black powder coat. I use it all the time on my UTV. Not sure how well it would deal with heat though.

The VHT Roll bar and Chasis paint has a really nice finish. Looks like satin black powder coat. I use it all the time on my UTV. Not sure how well it would deal with heat though.
Well, what do you suppose VHT stands for?

There happen to be varying "degrees" of temperature that the VHT paints can withstand. They started out as a high temp paint brand but have since expanded their line, they actually make paints that are not rated for high temp too. Since I have no idea how hot the hubs/rotors/etc. actually get I can't say for sure if the Roll Bar paint would be a good fit there since it's only rated to 250 degrees. :flipoff2:

There happen to be varying "degrees" of temperature that the VHT paints can withstand. They started out as a high temp paint brand but have since expanded their line, they actually make paints that are not rated for high temp too. Since I have no idea how hot the hubs/rotors/etc. actually get I can't say for sure if the Roll Bar paint would be a good fit there since it's only rated to 250 degrees. :flipoff2:
Hubs themselves will be under 250°F.

Brake drum outer parts and close to the face of the discs can see 800°F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom