Fj60 Fj62 Chrome Rocker Molding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just purchased my first FJ60 and working on restoring it. Been going crazy looking for these chrome moldings. Can anybody help pointing me towards the right direction...? Thanks!

25086FB6-CDC9-40A6-9039-9EC242D1AC04.jpeg

I've had lots of compliments on my truck over the past decade. Never once has anyone said "nice Cruiser, too bad it's missing the rocker trim". Honestly there's prob a hundred other things lurking that need repair or will soon need repair.

not to hack jack this, but anyone have the part numbers for the attachment clips for the snake blinders. Mine are loose and I'd hate to lose them

Semi-hijack

When the snake-blinders are gone, do you remove the clips from the body. And if so, what do you cover them up with?

There will be holes in the body from the clips - typically these are welded shut, ground down, and painted. You could just install black screws or plugs in the holes for a semi-cosmetic hiding job.

I just ordered the male and female clips from Toyota, they are about $5 a piece.
If anyone has a spare front cap for the snake blinder, the little black piece on the front tip, passenger side, I'd be happy to pay the shipping for it.

Semi-hijack

When the snake-blinders are gone, do you remove the clips from the body. And if so, what do you cover them up with?
Not sure it's the best thing to do, but I used these to plug the holes and with the grey they're hardly noticeable. For comparison you can see below I still haven't taken out the front two original clips yet. I wanted something easily reversible if they looked terrible and these just pop in and out really easily.
EDIT: Link doesn't seem to want to work.

GOOACC Nylon Bumper Fastener Rivet Clips Car Door Clip​

• PRODUCT SIZE: Head Diameter: 20mm/ 0.8 inches; Stem Length: 22.8mm/0.9 inches; Fits Into: 8mm /0.3 inches hole

IMG_1278.JPG

I need a pass side if anyone has one.

Yup i am always looking for snake blinders either side and always willing to pay good money for them

With currently 7 60/62 in the fleet, always a good idea

PM if anyone selling

I am always keeping a sharp eye out any of these that are up for sale. In roughly 18 months of searching for these rare parts, I have only seen one come up for sale on ebay. I lost the bidding war on it, at which point I had an idea about retrofitting a very similar chrome trim strip from another vehicle. So I started looking around at other cars and trucks that have similar trim. So far, I notice that many of the “70 and “80’s Mercedes have some chrome trim parts that could work really well. They look very similar, use the same method of application and are much higher quality than the Toyota OEM parts.

Once I figure this out, I’ll post more.

The chrome molding is long discontinued. Scour the 4 sale forum, part outs or any used cruiser part vendors. Years ago they went for a pretty penny, so I’m sure they are still expensive if not more.

Is there a proper technique to remove the snake blinders preventing damage? I'm, very slowly, stripping down for paint. I have one good trim left on the 60, and I just noticed I purchased a new one from CruiserParts in 2013 for $129! I should have bought a pair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom