FJ62 - parts suppliers + general questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey team - curious if anyone could or would recommend good places to source parts for an FJ62. I have been using SOR and CruiserParts. Have no complaints with either one, but don't want to be missing out on a gem if there're others out there. OEM parts are understandably becoming harder to find, and maybe I shouldn't care(?)..

Also, curious to get thoughts on modifications.. I'm rolling an '89 FJ62. Acquired it last year in stock condition, ~80k miles, have dealt with deferred maintenance, and addressed a few cosmetic details (i.e. replaced cracked tail light kind of stuff), and put in a 21st century stereo system. Wondering if this community feels like certain things are worth the time/effort/expense for other items. I did not purchase as an investment, but as a forever hold rig. I have no interest in an engine swap or anything extreme like that - I love it for what it is - but if there are some creature comforts that anyone has enjoyed or thought about, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,
Joe

Cruiser Outfitters is another great vendor and they are on the forums.

There are also some overseas parts houses - Partsouq, Amayana and others which offer OEM parts at usually a pretty good discount compared to US dealers. They have lots of great parts diagrams for finding PNs

Mods are a pretty personal thing and are very dependent on what you want to do - are you planning on DD-ing or want an adventure/camping rig or hardcore wheeler?

In terms of comfort upgrading the seats is pretty common - there are a number of threads about

Lets see some pics of your rig! sounds like a low-mileage gem

cheers

Of course, OEM parts that are still available can be purchased from Toyota. Generally you do not have to pay shipping, and if you form a relationship with your parts counter guys, you may be able to get some discount.

There are some vendors that source "OEM quality" (same part manufacturer, but not via Toyota) or NOS (new old stockP parts, and some offer reproduction parts that are high quality. Vintage TEQ parts and City Racer come to mind but there are many others. Check out the small business forum in the classifieds or the vendors market place. (look at the top menu bar on this page).

All of the above mentioned are great:

Cruiser Outfitters
Partsouq or dealer for OEM stuff
City Racer for some oddball reproduction stuff

Cruiser Cult (@NookShneer & company) also deserve a mention. They make a few repro parts and have a whole section on their website for other small-time repro folks like myself and @ChaserFJ60 who are making doodads.

Trail Tailor makes nice mod & wheeling stuff. 4x4Labs and Mud user @Fourrunner make nice swing arm bumpers.

There are lots of folks from big to small out there solving 60 Series puzzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom