What monitoring ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Threads
I am thinking about installing aftermarket gauges for my 1HDFTE. I will have an installation that will allow me to install 2 gauges. There will be an EGT but do you think the second should be for coolant temperature or oil pressure? I exclude the boost pressure for the turbo because I do not intend to play with this parameter.

Idea ? Recommandation and why ?

Last edited:
Well, let me add this :

It will be installed on me HDJ100 where aftermarket gauge option installation is not that much available. I could get A pilar pod with 2 gauges ($$$) but may end with a simple Auber gauge insert in the ashtray location...

On my other Cruiser (40 and 60), the aftermarket gauges are more convenience looking due to the rustic look of the dash.

3B -> Voltmeter, Oil pressure and Coolant T°
12HT -> Volmeter, Oil pressure, Coolant T° and EGT

I have a OBII reader on my 1HDFTE but I'm not able to get the EGT and oil pressure. Well, I may think I got myself an answer !

Seems like I would choose coolant temp in this case, the gauge itself seems to be pretty useless as it doesn't budge until what I would call too hot. But if you can get it via the obd reader, oil pressure is a no brainer.

FWIW I do really like my auber gauges. Very accurate and super clean in space limited installs.

I have myself a EGT Auber gauge on my 12HT. Yep ! Very accurate. Can’t complain.

David,
I recommend having a pyrometer regardless of whether or not you’re upping the boost or swapping turbos. If your stock turbo gets too hot for too long it’s toast. And you’re stuck.

FYI there is a company in Australia that offers LHD pillar pods for both 80 and 100 models. I bought one and it fits really well.

54A84E42-ABA7-4179-8921-1034DF150F5F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom