Seeking Wiper Motor Assistance for'83 fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KKP

Threads
Windshield Wipers recently stopped working altogether and am seeking any resolutions, i.e., troubleshooting and/or where to buy a replacement and whether or not this can be done by someone in the not-so-handy category.

more info needed
do you hear the wiper motor running? it is located on the passenger fire wall, under the hood
check fuses?
any movement at all? delay, lo or High? how about washer?
can you manually rotate the wiper arms on the windshield?

Reactions: KKP
No noise and when it's on nor any movement and the washer fluid has not been operable for quite a while. I am able to manually move the blades back and forth, though.

more info needed
do you hear the wiper motor running? it is located on the passenger fire wall, under the hood
check fuses?
any movement at all? delay, lo or High? how about washer?
can you manually rotate the wiper arms on the windshield?
No noise and when it's on nor any movement and the washer fluid has not been operable for quite a while. I am able to manually move the blades back and forth, though.

start with the fuse
do the wipers move easily or is there some resistance?

Separate the connector and apply 12v directly to the motor. I don't remember, but ground may be through the wiper case, so use a jumper wire to a good ground or best, directly to battery to see if the motor is good. If it's bad, you'll save yourself some troubleshooting time.

Testing procedure is in the FSM that you can download free in the resources section.

Turns out my front shield wiper-motor is shot so, I am seeking a replacement. Please advise if anyone has a source for this. Thanks.

Turns out my front shield wiper-motor is shot so, I am seeking a replacement. Please advise if anyone has a source for this. Thanks.

you can try posting a wanted thread here in classifieds:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom