Rear sway bar link, which style is better? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 94 with the side mount rear sway bare link. One of the links that looks like a tie rod tend is bad and will need to be replaced. Is there an advantage to switching to the style that bolts under the frame vs the side mount? Can I convert one style to the other if I replaced all the hard wear?

Last edited:
The under the frame setup is better for those trucks which are taken off road. When the rear axle is flexed the sway bar on the compression side can be lower than the rear lower control arm and be exposed to contacting something.

When contact is made the side mount style will shear one or both of the 8mm bolts. The underside mount will take the hit better and likely only distort the bracket or the link.

To convert over to the underside style you will need the new parts and install nursery’s into the holes in the frame as they are not threaded.

I have a 94 with the side mount rear sway bare link. One of the links that looks like a tie rod tend is bad and will need to be replaced. Is there an advantage to switching to the style that bolts under the frame vs the side mount? Can I convert one style to the other if I replaced all the hard wear?
We have you covered with the strongest rear links available today and they are adjustable to fit your lift. We also offer a kit to mount your new Severe Duty Links under the frame.

landcruiserproducts.com

image0 (7).jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom