Igniter compatible (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a US spec 83 FJ40 (de-smogged)
It was running when I picked it up. Currently is a no start situation. In trouble shooting, I have replaced wires, cap, rotor, battery- all were old and needing replacement anyway. Truck cranks strong, power to coil but no spark. I’m thinking it could be coil or igniter. I want to be sure before buying a used assembly as they are pretty expensive (like that’s a new thing owning an FJ40)

A member offered to send me an igniter to test. It’s a 19070-61060 mine is a 19070-61070 does anyone know if they are compatible.
Thanks
jim

Try this site. It has helped me many times.
That's a very informative and helpful collection of information put together by FJ40JIM and Numby, especially on the compatibility of the various Ignitors. I did not know it existed. Thanks Germaneighter !

Agree thanks again
That's a very informative and helpful collection of information put together by FJ40JIM and Numby, especially on the compatibility of the various Ignitors. I did not know it existed. Thanks Germaneighter !
agreed

It will be the same igniter as a FJ60 US

There are test procedures in the FSM for igniter and coil

Common problem for those coils is a bad ground. They ground through the bracket to the fender.

It will be the same igniter as a FJ60 US

There are test procedures in the FSM for igniter and coil

Common problem for those coils is a bad ground. They ground through the bracket to the fender.
Thanks I think I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom