Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Success!

Four usb ports (switched via switchpros), three movable (and removable) ball mounts. One GPS antenna.

Thanks @nakman , another excellent product.

Hope to install my Gamiviti expedition rack today if I can convince my son to help with lifting.

View attachment 2975990

Another small vendor product I'm trying out is this mic clip from Expedition Essentials. It mounts on a Ram ball, so there are nearly infinite options for where to put it.
View attachment 2976008
... plus ipad mini and Gaia gps - I need to find my bag-o-Ram parts and put a longer arm on the mic mount.
View attachment 2976041

Installation looks good! Question for you, my yak attack comes only with the self tapping screws. What size of nuts n bolt do you use to secure it down?

On a different topic: roof rack wind noise, which bolt hole setting on the front towers did you ended up using to move the fairing closer to the roofline? Mine set at the middle holes.

Thanks,

@FloodHopper I tossed the screws that came with it and picked up some black oxide internal hex bolts and locknuts from the local hardware store. I grabbed some stainless steel washers from an assortment I have in the garage. Sorry, I don't recall the size. I just brought the yaktrak mount thing to the store with me and grabbed some that fit in the holes. They ended up being too long and I had to cut them down with a dremel.

I set the front towers on the second hole up from the bottom and the rear posts on the top hole. That gave me 1/4" gap all the way across the fairing.

Last edited:
#10 × 1/2" shown here.
Should probably go 3/4"

20220412_183345.jpg

Mine must've been 3/4".

282EE9C3-58C5-4792-9DEB-A7308308CDA2.jpeg
AB19D802-F25C-484D-95A0-AB75E907FA93.jpeg

A paint suggestion:

yeah we're resolving it... I am going to give these guys a lot less to work on moving foward, to free up a little bandwidth. I hope to have the 16+ versions next week now, each week I'm told "next week..." last time these guys make this one.

But in other news, the newest version of the 2008-2015 Land Cruiser came in today. I like this one, best fit yet.. changing that angle in front makes it look a little less intense, and the fit behind the nav is much improved.

I sprayed mine with black plasti dip prior to install, which worked pretty well (wiped with alcohol first) and it looks good, other than being perpetually dirty... I'm afraid to clean it as I don't want to tear the coating. So maybe this isn't the best choice here, a simple flat black paint may be better. But at this moment mine is plasti dipped and I think it looks pretty decent, here are the pics:

View attachment 2975442

View attachment 2975443

View attachment 2975444

If you ordered a 2008-2015 version already you should have seen the tracking come through, I got all the backorders out today thank you again for the leap of faith here. And if you were waiting until you saw the most current version before deciding, well here you go. I've still got a couple of these new ones on hand, and have already ordered more of them so hopefully the wait is a little shorter for these moving forward. Appreciate all the comments, and it will be great to see some pics of trucks that aren't mine... thanks again!

In my case, I definitely didn't want to add built up width. It is a surprisingly precise fit the way it goes into the plastic factory part.

1C028C0C-1F22-4008-8DA2-9F58A175B60A.jpeg

@FloodHopper I tossed the screws that came with it and picked up some black oxide internal hex bolts and locknuts from the local hardware store. I grabbed some stainless steel washers from an assortment I have in the garage. Sorry, I don't recall the size. I just brought the yaktrak mount thing to the store with me and grabbed some that fit in the holes. They ended up being too long and I had to cut them down with a dremel.

I set the front towers on the second hole up from the bottom and the rear posts on the top hole. That gave me 1/4" gap all the way across the fairing.
Thank you

What's the latest on the 2016+ redesign?

What's the latest on the 2016+ redesign?
they're on order, and will arrive next week. So I'll be shipping out any back orders the week of 5/2, when I am back from Cruise Moab. I am really sorry & embarrassed by how this has gone, did not expect to be completely yanked around by a vendor like this particularly since things were going well with them.. . but alas, we find new solutions and move foward and that's what we're doing here. I really appreciate everyone's patience here!

I picked up the dash mount and the 3rd row fire extinguisher mount from Nakman. Fits perfect . I will post additional pics once I have the extinguisher mounted.
2F732307-8359-4CFF-9CD3-0BD225A07273.jpeg
A873CC51-5413-430D-A82E-5E3F0EED48C5.jpeg
F20C10B2-FB40-4745-836E-F8B73988687B.jpeg
22EE7E10-A0CC-4167-BF44-16C9355D6E9F.jpeg

@CSteppe82 that looks great, what did you paint it with? Looking forward to seeing what you do with the accesssory mount.

Also FYI the new 16+ versions of the dash accessory mount are in stock again, and all the backorders shipped today. In fact there should be no back orders for either Land Cruiser version now, all are shipped with more on hand of each version.. so if you were waiting for me to let you know, well here we are @greynolds @Tex68w @TOMSRYD

@CSteppe82 that looks great, what did you paint it with? Looking forward to seeing what you do with the accesssory mount.

Also FYI the new 16+ versions of the dash accessory mount are in stock again, and all the backorders shipped today. In fact there should be no back orders for either Land Cruiser version now, all are shipped with more on hand of each version.. so if you were waiting for me to let you know, well here we are @greynolds @Tex68w @TOMSRYD
3-4 coats of Rust-Oleum. Flat Black.
3A76F9CB-98F9-418E-98F8-F0CFF09D087F.jpeg

@CSteppe82 did you ever mount your fire extinguisher? just curious how that is working... also I sold out on my first small run of those 3rd row brackets, but have more on order- getting a few done in aluminum which I should have next week, and then more steel ones which are 3-4 weeks away. Considering switching to aluminum though on this one, am excited to see the first samples- one of the reasons being the lead time from this supplier is less than half of the steel fab guys. Last week I finally put up a web page for this product, and made a video, so will put a link here, thanks again all for the interest and support getting this one going:

As for the dashboard accessory mounts, we've got 3 out of 4 designs knocked out now. Is there still interest in the early model 2008-2015 lexus 570?

I think I recall that someone ordered a replacement speaker grill (the part that dashboard accessory mount attaches to) so that it would be easy to swap back to the factory setup if desired. I just spent a bit of time looking in the online parts catalogs, but am not sure if I have found the correct part. Does anyone have the part name and/or number available (my LC is a 2020 HE).

@CSteppe82 did you ever mount your fire extinguisher? just curious how that is working... also I sold out on my first small run of those 3rd row brackets, but have more on order- getting a few done in aluminum which I should have next week, and then more steel ones which are 3-4 weeks away. Considering switching to aluminum though on this one, am excited to see the first samples- one of the reasons being the lead time from this supplier is less than half of the steel fab guys. Last week I finally put up a web page for this product, and made a video, so will put a link here, thanks again all for the interest and support getting this one going:

As for the dashboard accessory mounts, we've got 3 out of 4 designs knocked out now. Is there still interest in the early model 2008-2015 lexus 570?
I'm still interested for my 2013 LX570.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom