Need help with stuck rear door mechanism, 1990 HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did take a look at the hinges and they honestly look fine to me. There's no sign of them dragging on the bottoms of the doors or anything like that. Again, it's an old truck and things age and sag but I think they're OK for now. View attachment 2996239View attachment 2996240
If I had to guess I'd say those are replacement hinges, they appear to be painted black rather than body color. Both sets of rear hinges on mine are getting stiff and worn out, I have to lift the larger rear door to get it to close without slamming, and the hinges on the smaller rear door are so stiff the lower one broke a couple of spot welds in the door.

If I had to guess I'd say those are replacement hinges, they appear to be painted black rather than body color. Both sets of rear hinges on mine are getting stiff and worn out, I have to lift the larger rear door to get it to close without slamming, and the hinges on the smaller rear door are so stiff the lower one broke a couple of spot welds in the door.
Sure - very well could be replacements. In addition to be able to open the door at all and open and close them much easier, there are about a dozen odd sounds that have now disappeared - thank goodness.

Good eyes @AirheadNut, my replacements (OEM Toyota) came to me bare steel, and I just painted them with black POR before putting them in. So yes, @Kaderabek, they may already have been replaced, and maybe everything just needs an adjustment to be happy again.

I still have the other door to do, but the alignment is fine at the moment... I just figured if I am doing one side, I should do both.

Glad you have it all sorted! Nothing worse than having something that does not work properly. So frustrating!

all of my hinges are sagging. Apparently just like humans, things sag when they get older... :rofl:

btw @Kaderabek where's that soft top???
It's awaiting more headroom in our next garage - which hopefully will be in June. Tic toc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom