Anderson powerpole 3D print for 'coin' holders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, so I've bought the dual powerwerx units before (that replace a cig lighter 'outlet', but given I now have the powerpole 'part' design, I figured I'd create my own. Bit of time and pennies to 3D print.

First proto. Final will be in black, just orange was already loaded and since this was just a sizing proto...

Still on the 3D printer (with brim)

View attachment 2994896

Powerpoles slide in beautifully.

View attachment 2994897

The rear view. Same hole going through to push in the roll pins to secure them in place. One roll pin pushed in per hole.

View attachment 2994898

I'm still 'refining' the nut thread.

I'll attach the STL files once I've got the nut sorted out. Fits the same 1 1/8" hole as the powerwerx and other cig outlets.

I posted this in a different thread, but here it is in this thread. The final black version installed in one of the coin blanks.

View attachment 2994904

cheers,
george.
Mind if i reference you stuff over on the 3d printing thread?

^ go for it :)

cheers,
george.

Got the nut sorted out. Great fit and put little knurls on it to make it easier to tighten.

Have printed out a pair (one for the back of the center console and one for the rear). They will go in place of 2 existing cig outlets. This will leave one cig outlet at the back of the console and one in the rear, just in case something needs the old style outlet.

PXL_20220502_221309619.jpg

What the 'input' side looks like.

PXL_20220502_221339097.jpg

I'll post up the STL files for the nut and outlet later today.

I of course have the solidworks sldprt files for all of this if anyone needs/wants the 'source' to make their own tweaks. Just PM for them.

cheers,
george.

Reactions: ppc
STL files for the powerpole outlet and nut attached.

cheers,
george.

edit: updated the outlet part of the design to put a small web between the 2 powerpole pairs (forgot to gap them in the previous protos). Fresh from 3d printing.

updated.jpg

Attachments

• pp_nut_dual.STL
    272.6 KB · Views: 36
  • pp_dual_outlet_test.STL
    870.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
well, that's already great, but we want to see you print the PPs themselves....! Don't say that this didn't cross your mind! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom