Any Vise Collectors Here? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whoah! what's with the astonishing blue beauty there in the background! that is better than any number of vises...!

I'm also curious regarding the stack of skateboard decks. It's a very eclectic shop.

@MrMikeyG @e9999 here ya go. Some of my dailies and my 69
image.jpg

I'm always surprised when I see those vises weighed. They just don't look that heavy, must be an optical lack of reference thing.

@e9999 These older vises are pretty “dense” as the steel is almost ingot like with little open space. Here is a reference for how big this one is.
6A684F2B-E0FC-4DA0-8657-D027788D154F.jpeg

yes, that's the thing, it's hard to judge the size without a good reference in the pic, they basically keep the same proportions for all sizes, so you get used to the one you have in front of you, and you see another much bigger one in a pic without a reference, and it just looks the same as yours, so you think xyz lbs like yours...

Been getting back into Landcruiser mode so I haven’t been playing around as much with vises or any of the other vintage tools I’ve been getting into recently. Then yesterday my Mom stops by before we all go to dinner together and brings me this 3-1/2” Columbian she found at an estate sale.
Talk about crusty! The whole thing is covered in wood glue and saw dust. Should be a fun little side project to clean up, and fix a couple things, then sell.

5CA7E468-2506-4376-AC9C-2BC4BFB37BA6.jpeg

50124036-EA17-41EA-AE44-7430B903C42F.jpeg

A few months ago I saw a Columbian 603 listed on Offerup. I messaged the guy a few times and never heard back, until last Thursday. I went to look at it Saturday and turns out it was a 604. Now most would be happy to find a larger vise than listed but I really wanted a three inch Columbian. Anyway, it was in too good of shape to leave behind. Original paint and hardly a mark on it. I cleaned it up a little but think I'll leave it as is for now.

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

I sat it next to the Wilton and the two looked good together.

IMG_0376.jpg

man, the fit of all these jaws is something else... Would not happen with me at the mill's wheels...

@TomH I have a conversation going with a guy selling a swivel jaw Columbian 3 1/2" jaws. You were fight to snag this one though. These are very rare to find "babied" like yours is. Stunning piece!

@RUSH55 That light duty Columbian is going to fight you (ask me how I know)!

@TomH LOVE that! Yes, looks just like it. I don't think that little gem needs a thing done to it. Looks just right!

Another little guy now in my possession/collection. A 3” Record No. 1 stationary base (Made In England).
No in too bad of condition with exception of the screw and handle. Someone must have broken or bent into uselessness the original handle, so they used a pipe wrench on the yoke until it snapped off, then they welded it back on and threw a bolt in for a handle.
Shouldn’t be too much of an ordeal to get that repaired and get this little baby spiffed up.

57CD3951-1D7D-44DB-B49C-348B6B15B0BA.jpeg

76D2BDD5-BC3A-4610-9555-8437A241FA24.jpeg

99E186B9-E199-4328-B808-9F5BA443135A.jpeg

96A3E73E-9443-44B1-B842-EB47E3C415F2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom