5.3l, nv4500, np205, centered rea mini hybid driveline length questions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats upside down and not fully welded yet.

I like the look of the 10" aquila tub, I like about 14" the best, but in the end you might as well go big.

The icon uses the 18" stretched tub. I think it's a little too long, but here we go. I'll put in a heep style seat and have some leg room back there.

I'll weld in some more plates, prime and paint the frame the cut the body in two.

I am following this build thread and you posted that your running a 5.3 with a 4L60 and toybox with a 10" tub. Does that set up work well with 10" stretch? I'll be doing a build with 5.3 and a 4L80 and an Atlas. Just trying to decide how much of a stretch to do.

I am following this build thread and you posted that your running a 5.3 with a 4L60 and toybox with a 10" tub. Does that set up work well with 10" stretch? I'll be doing a build with 5.3 and a 4L80 and an Atlas. Just trying to decide how much of a stretch to do.

When did you get your toybox? I've been trying to find one but Marlin is only taking names for them right now.

Clutch lines !#$&^ not brake lines

What do think. Now is the time to internal slave

Ram Clutches hooked me up with a hydraulic TO bearing for a custom NV4500 to LS install that there was no room for an external slave. Give them a call and they can set you up. They have good support.

I think it would be ok with heat shielding. On mine the exhaust pipe right off the header runs parallel to the slave cylinder 1/4” away, been two years daily driven without issue. I put the same heat sleeve over the hose.
I just recently wrapped the exhaust with header wrap which I’d recommend for your setup, and a simple heat shield under the slave using the lower mounting bolt would be easy and effective

Matt, thanks. I thought it would be ok and my buddy said, "do you want to enjoy driving it? or fitting it."

So I pulled that out and went by Summit to get the howe Internal slave. looks to be an easy setup.

Howe, has a chart on the install sheet about master size and travel 3/4" bore master should be fine. he cautioned me about over extending it. I told him i planned on a limit bolt to stop the pedal.

I think they have Ram at summit also. but what caught my eye, was a manufacture reply stating the 3/4" bore master would work.

Howe internal slave works just fine.

Need ideas/help. tilt column has washer/wiper hazard switches. Lights will be left of the steering wheel AC vents shown in pic. single din alpine halo 9 spod's look like a good option---have rear electric diff

WHAT'S MISSING? WHAT OTHER SWITCHES DO I NEED????? don't want to screw this up

IMG_6045.jpg

IMG_6046.jpg

Tube fenders painted black, 3d printed turn signals done
City Racer led lights work great around the neighborhood

tempImageZaS3SC.png

Putting a sway bar and bump stops in the rear. The ORI struts don't need bump stops. But the tire is hitting the wheel well in the back. I put more pressure in the rear struts, helped with body roll. But, I'm putting in a sway bar and going to lower the pressures again.

Pretty darn good road manners. Off road still sorting it out.

tempImageuIEegs.png

tempImagegB17Ac.png

Hells revenge, Fins, poison spider, and top of the world, more today.

I could be the before advertisement for Lock tight. several trail repairs, and a front pinion seal.

Working like a champ. had some rubbing in this photo, need to move the horns (tire rubs them). Touched the sliders a couple of times damaged two or three rocks with the rear bumper.

I am so happy with how this thing works.

IMG_9104.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom