What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (96 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Afternoon Mud :flipoff2:

1fz head gasket / refresh almost ready for assembly.

Waiting on 2 more packages
1 ith by delivery
2 ith by Mr t

Man that was alot of elbow grease, dawn dish soap in water with a cordless drill and assortment of brass and stainless drill brushes worked amazing.

PXL_20220425_024153255.jpg

PXL_20220425_030725064.jpg

20220425_122015-COLLAGE.jpg

20220425_121630-COLLAGE.jpg

Picked up a few more parts from the junkyard 94 LC. Same year as mine so I grabbed an assortment of modules that I hope I never need. The ECU was picked already. On this junker, seeing the carbon build up in the intake and such tells me I need to clean the ports on mine before they clog up.
I would grab the VAFM if it hasn't already been removed. That's gold in '94 LC terms.

Where is this junkyard LC located? :hmm:

I would grab the VAFM if it hasn't already been removed. That's gold in '94 LC terms.
Gone before it even hit the yard I bet. The entire interior, sliding windows, front grill, lights, dashboard, and engine cooling parts were gone on day one. Me and another guy got there on day two and picked a few other parts. Surprised the engine block is still in it at this point (day 5)

Do you have a build thread? I’d like to see some details on your 3 link!
There's a build thread on Pirate for it from about 12 years ago or so.
It was built by Hellfire Fab before he sold his (hellfire) knuckles to Ruffstuff.
The 3 link kit used is actually for a JK.

There's a build thread on Pirate for it from about 12 years ago or so.
It was built by Hellfire Fab before he sold his (hellfire) knuckles to Ruffstuff.
The 3 link kit used is actually for a JK.

How much lift would you say it has? I thought I recognized that 80.

Picked up a few more parts from the junkyard 94 LC. Same year as mine so I grabbed an assortment of modules that I hope I never need. The ECU was picked already. On this junker, seeing the carbon build up in the intake and such tells me I need to clean the ports on mine before they clog up.
94 that came in a few days back in north Denver? If so is it clear door glass by chance(non factory tint)? I was going to stop by today and ran out of time.

Just finished up week 8 on my bumper and week 3 on my exhaust.
Waiting that many weeks.

So long as I have the parts in my rig before my big summer road trip I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Just finished up week 8 on my bumper and week 3 on my exhaust.
Waiting that many weeks.

So long as I have the parts in my rig before my big summer road trip I'll be happy.
What exhaust? Anything special?

How much lift would you say it has? I thought I recognized that 80.
6". was told 4 when i bought it, but compared to other 4's its higher

94 that came in a few days back in north Denver? If so is it clear door glass by chance(non factory tint)? I was going to stop by today and ran out of time.
Sorry I didn't notice. The fronts had some non factory purple tint but didn't look at the rear doors. All four doors have glass left as of yesterday. Front window is crack free but not Toyota factory.

Greased up the @landtank dc shaft and compared ends with the OEM shaft to make sure I installed it the same way. Marked the diff and tc flange as well, just to make sure it goes in the same way the OEM was on.

Adjusted both panhard rods and the tie rod now that I am happy with a 2” lift. I like to use the paint pen after I’m satisified with, adjusted, then torqued everything.

Now to test drive this to see if my vibrations are gone!🤞
Curious to see if this did the trick? I'm driving mine right now with the rear DS removed and think I have the same thing going on up front.

Lots of work on the 80 over the last few weeks....

Bigger brakes up front including new pads, rotors and calipers (full kit in the works by Cruiser Outfitters...) I Like Big Brakes and I Cannot Lie!!! - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/i-like-big-brakes-and-i-cannot-lie.1203263/page-7#post-14414112

14mm lug studs all around. Used the 100/200/Tundra studs.

New OEM rear rotors and pads

Rebuilt (Redhead) and ported steering box with 105 sector shaft - my stock shaft was twisted.

Plated frame @ steering box and reinforced upper track bar mount.

Power steering cooler upgraded to Derale.

4.88 gears in the factory locked diffs.

Rebuilt both axles.

New OEM rear driveshaft - old one had some slop in the slip yoke.

New Aisin water pump, AC and Alt idler pulleys, new OEM belts, flushed coolant.

Reman OEM alternator.

All new suspension bushings.

Oil change and added Fumoto drain valve finally.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

A few pics:

View attachment 2990455View attachment 2990456View attachment 2990457View attachment 2990458View attachment 2990459
Nice Bryson! I like that steering box fame plate and how it's tied into the panhard bracket gusset.

Finally replaced the original alternator…
7F12521F-3A75-434C-BAA2-FE9E7ADA6BEB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom