Registry Post Pics Of Your Modded 7x Series (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the bj74 back together for a trip out to UT a few weeks ago. Here are a few shots:

F47D01E3-D536-4894-BA2D-EFCCD57ABCE7.jpeg

24FE53EF-9F90-4B96-8404-C105D4A9BA7E.jpeg

BDE1E8DA-33D5-4C1A-91A9-EB5A6538E679.jpeg

I’m new here. Just picked up this LJ78, threw on the Iron Man kit and 35s. Love how it looks, but BOY is it ever slow. Cant even get it over 70km/k on flat highway. I need some help with figuring out my options on getting it more power. Ayuda por favor!

F7DE9ED8-867F-471B-9A6C-45DE2B095533.jpeg

GM LS V8. You are asking way too much of the 2LT.

Cummins R2.8?

I’m new here. Just picked up this LJ78, threw on the Iron Man kit and 35s. Love how it looks, but BOY is it ever slow. Cant even get it over 70km/k on flat highway. I need some help with figuring out my options on getting it more power. Ayuda por favor!

View attachment 3007963
Have a read through this thread, lots of good info here: Ideas for improving the 2LTE - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ideas-for-improving-the-2lte.680759/
It is possible to get decent power out of a 2L-TE, but it takes a lot of work and patience. I chose to engine swap my second LJ78 with a VW TDI, power and fuel economy have both improved significantly, but the swap took lots of time and work and wasn't cheap, even if I don't count my labor. 35's are probably a little on the large size unless you do some significant engine modifications.

Edit: if you only have a 2L then you are definitely better off swapping to a different engine. Is yours manual or automatic?

The Cummins is an aftermarket crate engine.

The Cummins is an aftermarket crate engine.

Given it's on 35s, that R2.8 isn't making much grunt over all don't you think? It's making about 10 more HP and 10 less NM than a stock 79 series spec 1VD, and a stock 1VD trying to pull 35s is a slug. Thankfully that's easily helped.

Given it's on 35s, that R2.8 isn't making much grunt over all don't you think? It's making about 10 more HP and 10 less NM than a stock 79 series spec 1VD, and a stock 1VD trying to pull 35s is a slug. Thankfully that's easily helped.
@Bogan has one in a 75 Troopy with a pop-up roof. He seems quite pleased with the performance and fuel economy.

It is NOT cheap however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom