What have you done with/to your buggy this week? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looked at 4573 sitting in VA while my friends raced at KOH:(

C9044435-6AB4-4443-9093-BF7EF90A3110.jpeg

little rear steer fun from today....

Same thing I did with it last weekend. This white stuff falling from the sky sucks!!

21ZqZxjaoAL.jpg

Mounted up some new Treps before I head out to Big Dogs Ice Breaker event next weekend. They are calling for snow up there early next week.

93C50DAA-BEAD-489E-B7A6-FCAF50C94ED8.jpeg

21208F6D-EAF3-4D21-8B06-B1EE7D3C3A66.jpeg

60480D9A-B2DA-4B94-B387-37AC524F1C5E.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a little video of a local event. My rig was the last to go.The guys call my car the Goblin. It's mostly still a landcruiser not really a buggy. I ended up breaking my clutch after day one so I opted out of day two. My son's rig is the little black buggy same last name different spelling for some reason?. It was a pretty hard course which is good but I'd rather be out in the woods.

Here is a little video of a local event. My rig was the last to go.The guys call my car the Goblin. It's mostly still a landcruiser not really a buggy. I ended up breaking my clutch after day one so I opted out of day two. My son's rig is the little black buggy same last name different spelling for some reason?. It was a pretty hard course which is good but I'd rather be out in the woods.

Dooood! That was a rad run, you really gave 'er the beans! With all the bouncing and hammering, surprised to see that front end stay alive. Is your front axle a landcruiser axle? Thanks for sharing.

Dooood! That was a rad run, you really gave 'er the beans! With all the bouncing and hammering, surprised to see that front end stay alive. Is your front axle a landcruiser axle? Thanks for sharing.
Yea still all cruiser. I seem to have better luck with toyota stuff than most guys around here. If I had to say, I wasn't really giving it all. I was trying to actually stomp the field. I was in a very close to the lead timewise 3rd place out of 26 trucks at the end of Day 1 . My friction disk started to disintegrate right as I was leaving the course on my last run of the day. I decided to just spot for my son the last day.
He started out in 7th or 8th position and by the time he finished, he took 3rd place in our class.

Led a buggy group this morning, gotta make the hard lines look easy....

Outside screenshot as the tire crested....roughly the 1:03 mark in the video

Screenshot 2022-04-20 5.29.26 PM.png

Last edited:
Led a buggy group this morning, gotta make the hard lines look easy....

Outside screenshot as the tire crested....roughly the 1:03 mark in the video

View attachment 2987493

Are those your lockers on the dash you keep reaching for? turning on and off? Nice climb!

@matzell - Rear steer switch is ahead of the shifter, rear locker was on throughout (front is a spool)....also snugged the front winch to ride height to prevent unloading just before the 2nd climb.

I need to get a good video of the Midnight case and how easy it shifts....one of these days....

Last edited:
@matzell - Rear steer switch is ahead of the shifter, rear locker was on throughout (front is a spool)....also snugged the front winch to ride height to prevent unloading just before the 2nd climb.

I need to get a good video of the Midnight case and how easy it shifts....one of these days....
I saw what looks like a toggle lever to work the rear steer. Is there a elec switch as well so you can lock it out so you do not hit it at speed? Winch makes since. I have forgotten about all that slow speed stuff! lol!!

EDIT
saw the push button switch

Last edited:
I played with the big boys this weekend at the Cove during the Big Dogs event. My 37's looked small next to the guys on 43's!

3C08C20B-2ED5-40A9-B19D-601CDAA0581F.jpeg

@woody Felt like I was racing back at the Hammers with these heavy rock trails, Problem is there were creeks running through some of them.

This is a hill climb called Pucker. I opted for the easier left line.

Last edited:
Did a thing, won some stuff... WE Rock, Cedar City, Sportsman's A, 13 cars in class.

20220501_165534.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom