Builds Work In Progress aka: Badass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got to the point where I need the 46mm socket. My neighbor said he has one from his old VW bus days, rear axle nut. Were you able to find the info on the radiator drain petcock?
THANKS!

2022-02-26 19.39.34.jpg

Got to the point where I need the 46mm socket. My neighbor said he has one from his old VW bus days, rear axle nut. Were you able to find the info on the radiator drain petcock?
THANKS!

View attachment 2938906
Pretty sure I used that bit to drill the hole larger… then definitely used that tap. Per the drill bit I’ll have to look back in my thread. Apologies worked all weekend and head is a tad overwhelmed from ex bothering me… by the time I’d get home I just wanted to zone on dumb tv.

image.jpg

image.jpg

@NeverGiveUpYota Thank you! You need more cruiser projects for your mind. I am not surprised my rear heater delete turned to timing cover reseal & oil cooler gaskets.

@MoaByte I made the mistake of telling my neighbor what you said......The response took me straight to the "My Cousin Vinny" scene where Marisa Tomei's character is getting questioned on the stand "positraction"........ you might have missed the part about when I said BUS. This guy is the only 80 year old I know, that still works under his car in the driveway, daily drives a bug and a 58 Triumph Thunderbird in mint condition. Much respect. He is the VW and Triumph guru..... So the VW BUS is 46mm in the rear, I also learned about when they changed to 12volts, 6 lug.....etc... ha.......Encyclopedia.

@NeverGiveUpYota Thank you! You need more cruiser projects for your mind. I am not surprised my rear heater delete turned to timing cover reseal & oil cooler gaskets.

@MoaByte I made the mistake of telling my neighbor what you said......The response took me straight to the "My Cousin Vinny" scene where Marisa Tomei's character is getting questioned on the stand "positraction"........ you might have missed the part about when I said BUS. This guy is the only 80 year old I know, that still works under his car in the driveway, daily drives a bug and a 58 Triumph Thunderbird in mint condition. Much respect. He is the VW and Triumph guru..... So the VW BUS is 46mm in the rear, I also learned about when they changed to 12volts, 6 lug.....etc... ha.......Encyclopedia.
I’ve got plenty of cruiser projects but Mother Nature isn’t cooperating. 20-30 degrees today and a nasty 2” crust everywhere.

My new fav female neighbor who is constantly lighting a bonfire sent me this… bobcat on their trail cam. First day it was setup.

5AD97FB7-9D4A-4104-9B17-A21A426EF960.jpeg

My buses and bugs all had IRS rear ends. Sorry about that. 😂

holy $h!t, it worked
holy $h!t, it worked
Interesting but I try to stay away from plastics. Plus I think that would get too hot for the bees. Definitely a neat concept. Some install small mason jars in a box to try to get the bees to build directly in the jars. That’s a neat thing too but I don’t think it works as well as hoped.
I’m drowning in bees here. Typical crazy Felicity fashion I offered to do a hive cut out in a wall of an empty house being renovated for a flip. I just jumped the gun and dove in. Got a s*** ton of bees but no queen. Structure of the inner wall frame was all f’d up and they’d been in it so long the propolis was like cement. Did it for free. Did the best I could. Was honest w/ the owner. It was one heck of a first experience.

5E10AA45-A474-4444-B986-5BD4A4722B25.jpeg

310F78C8-267F-42B0-BF49-4D17ACF5E0FD.jpeg

D3181191-BA06-43E4-83E7-96FCEABF7160.jpeg

81CAC827-1AB8-4563-B6CE-0082BAE229F4.jpeg

829C63B7-ADB6-4CBB-897A-FA5FF2547BDD.jpeg

And not a single photo of the 60 loaded up w/ the gear. Even made a bee vac to assist me in the cut out. I’m a terrible 60 owner these days.
Pickup sat lifeless for a few weeks… didn’t have the patience to diagnose it other than piss and moan to @POTATO LAUNCHER. Today I go out and the wench fires right up. Need it cuz I’m getting a free wood stove on Sunday. The friggen fuel costs are killing me. Thankfully it’s at least now warming up. Did a bunch of wood working the last few days (bee boxes) and wore my new cruiser gear shirt.

DDAF3DE4-0CFF-47B9-8169-966A6FE81EDD.jpeg

Wild unicorn roaming the streets near my work this afternoon!!

F7498DFA-CD12-4EE5-A67B-5625FAAD005F.jpeg

F9FF1641-5798-4729-B08F-36448D579A4A.jpeg

Wow, that's cool. It's always such a treat to see old iron on the roads, particularly something that looks like it could have been (or still is) old farm iron.

Curious about that license plate. Looked up "MPSD" and found a lot of hits for various school districts throughout the country, but that 00 prefix makes me wonder "hmmmm........." Anyone have any idea what that might be about? Such a clean rig, the owner must take pride in that truck. Presumably would also take pride in other projects or interests. Dang, now that's gonna be bugging me today.
Kathryn and Kaylee

Wow, that's cool. It's always such a treat to see old iron on the roads, particularly something that looks like it could have been (or still is) old farm iron.

Curious about that license plate. Looked up "MPSD" and found a lot of hits for various school districts throughout the country, but that 00 prefix makes me wonder "hmmmm........." Anyone have any idea what that might be about? Such a clean rig, the owner must take pride in that truck. Presumably would also take pride in other projects or interests. Dang, now that's gonna be bugging me today.
Kathryn and Kaylee
I believe mine is 00-BTHP so could just be unique for some antique plates.

Kathryn and Kaylee
Yeah I should have flashed my lights. I’m pretty sure he saw me fly up on his bum to the get the photo. I’ll keep my eye out and maybe take a ride up that road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom