TOYOTA, more than ever before... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was so close to Glacier National Park but we didn’t go. I did tho swim in Flathead Lake which was absolutely amazing. And I have beautiful photos I took of my friend fly fishing on the Clark Fork River. Such a gorgeous place. I’d go back there in a heartbeat.
The last puzzle I got to work on at the puzzle shop…
792B377B-F55B-4592-95C8-5F6E76D1DAAA.jpeg

Hilarious. The boulders I was looking down on submerged in the crystal clear water while on a float were easily the size of a small ranch house!
Sounds like the baths down in the British Virgin Islands. Boulders the size of two story homes with crystal clear views two hundred feet below the ocean. I didn’t get a chance to see flathead lake up close but dad and I got to go fishing in some glacier lakes in the park. Magical times even though we didn’t get a single bite. I’ll never forget that day with pop.

Well, is it an adventure in an land cruiser if nothing breaks??

Of course having my truck running perfectly is too much to ask. My in-line fuel pump MSD 2225 took a s*** and died leaving me stranded on the side of interstate 70…. Waiting for a tow truck to bring me seven minutes to the nearest Napa… and then I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to order a new pump. And then I’ll have to wait for it to show up to bumfu*k Colorado…

Such is life.😵‍💫

For those of you thinking of installing a sniper, don’t use the in-line pump… just don’t. Power surge or in-tank… I wish I had listened to my gut instinct when I was installing all of this. I knew this thing would let me down.

Well, is it an adventure in an land cruiser if nothing breaks??

Of course having my truck running perfectly is too much to ask. My in-line fuel pump MSD 2225 took a s*** and died leaving me stranded on the side of interstate 70…. Waiting for a tow truck to bring me seven minutes to the nearest Napa… and then I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to order a new pump. And then I’ll have to wait for it to show up to bumfu*k Colorado…

Such is life.😵‍💫

For those of you thinking of installing a sniper, don’t use the in-line pump… just don’t. Power surge or in-tank… I wish I had listened to my gut instinct when I was installing all of this. I knew this thing would let me down.
Bummer. Shoulda stuck w/ the tried and true…. 🤣

Tow guy just picked up this new rig. I was the first job since he got it working. He bought it from the guy who runs the NAPA he towed me to. Ironic. What an exhausting 36 hours. Ain’t even close to being over.
82ADD58D-29EA-44BB-B2A4-5A34157BD0F9.jpeg
A0A5FD0C-EF54-4B4C-B6DD-68DADB0FB1F1.jpeg

@OSS I’m beginning to wonder if this was part of my problem with that weird blip when I left Orlando a few days ago. After I got some quality fuel in the tank I had no issues to speak of all the way up to Atlanta, Dad and I did a solid once over on the rig before I departed for the journey. My plan was to stop back in Boulder to see my sister and some friends before heading up to Bozeman. This happened two hours outside of Denver. @CruiserTrash, I just might have to make a stop at your place depending on how things go when Napa opens in the morning.

What a fun fu**ing day…

I’m here man. Work is gonna slam me pretty hard the next few days, but if you need to use the shop I’ll figure something out. It’s about two miles from NAPA’s regional hub/warehouse which should have anything you need for a quick fix - if you can get here.

I gotta ask …. You don’t have a carb with you, do ya? Like @NeverGiveUpYota said, tried and true.

I’m here man. Work is gonna slam me pretty hard the next few days, but if you need to use the shop I’ll figure something out. It’s about two miles from NAPA’s regional hub/warehouse which should have anything you need for a quick fix - if you can get here.

I gotta ask …. You don’t have a carb with you, do ya? Like @NeverGiveUpYota said, tried and true.
No, that carb had a crack in the base so it was trash anyhow. I don’t have the mechanical pump either. Running a universal in-line pump that came with the sniper kit.

Yeah if that pump was on its last leg, maybe it could have been acting wonky before it went belly up.
Lesson learned : stash a spare fuel pump somewhere

Okay! New pump installed. It’s stealthy quiet compared to the one Holley provided.

Also installed a new O2 sensor after sitting here for 24 hours waiting for it to be delivered. SOB cost me $225…🤬 but when you’re sleeping in the Napa parking lot in bumfuk Colorado you pay it.

Sniper wizard is running. Things look pretty happy. Sound happy. I’m about to run a test drive around this little town to make sure I don’t break down in 400 yards. I have hope!

Okay! New pump installed. It’s stealthy quiet compared to the one Holley provided.

Also installed a new O2 sensor after sitting here for 24 hours waiting for it to be delivered. SOB cost me $225…🤬 but when you’re sleeping in the Napa parking lot in bumfuk Colorado you pay it.

Sniper wizard is running. Things look pretty happy. Sound happy. I’m about to run a test drive around this little town to make sure I don’t break down in 400 yards. I have hope!
Results of the test run???

No, that carb had a crack in the base so it was trash anyhow. I don’t have the mechanical pump either. Running a universal in-line pump that came with the sniper kit.
I’ve got a spare carb… I know it’s been a few days but…

I’ve got a spare carb… I know it’s been a few days but…
I appreciate it. Everything is running great again. The ground terminal on the electric pump broke off when my dumbass broke it off. I think I screwed up the O2 sensor having it so far back near the cat. The cat was also blocked up and it probably caused the sensor to get too hot. After I moved it up stream and deleted the cat I think it struggled to figure out what was going on and eventually died when I reached Colorado altitude. Both are replaced and it’s good to go again.

Brother, you’ve always got some great tunes in the background!

I wish I could modify this fuel pump to accept OEM style spade terminals. Though the locking nut is arguably more reliable, it was the point of failure in this system. I’ll be looking for a better solution to feed fuel to the sniper after this fiasco.

Brother, you’ve always got some great tunes in the background!

I wish I could modify this fuel pump to accept OEM style spade terminals. Though the locking nut is arguably more reliable, it was the point of failure in this system. I’ll be looking for a better solution to feed fuel to the sniper after this fiasco.

show me this PUMP ?

i generally can crack any NUT wide open .........

elaborate , the need for a connector or plugs ?

thanks

Made it up to Laramie Wyoming and stayed there for a few hours. They shut down the highway for high winds and snow. 5-6 hours later I decided to try to make it to Casper and got stuck in Medicine Bow because of road closers. We stayed in a neat “haunted hotel” called the Virginia, built in 1911. Ate at a real cowboy dive bar downstairs and met some truckers who were like 8,000 years old. Cool town! Completely forgot to take any good pictures there cuz I’m very much in the moment.

Next day after breakfast with old truckers telling war stories we started up towards Casper. Got a new rock chip in the window in the way.
E686C1FB-20B9-46E8-A1E4-B855713CDDBF.jpeg
E821613F-2853-4B95-AC60-7C363CFB6B1C.jpeg
15DC8487-393E-4F80-9C8F-CA2CF2ED3715.jpeg
8392312C-B313-4D59-A680-CEBC704EC578.jpeg
64FB78E5-96B5-42B7-8FCE-AADF0D7051C7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom