406 Cruiser Dyno Day at Dark Horse Customs 5/14/22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What: Dyno Day!! Dark Horse Customs (a 406 Cruiser Club Sponsor) has graciously offered to host a day on the their Dyno! That's right, unbolt the maxtrax, fill the tank with premium and spend the day at Dark Horse Customs.

Where: Dark Horse Customs. 104 Village Center Lane, Bozeman. (Four Corners).

When: Saturday, May 14th, beginning at 9 am.

Cost: Just $50 for 406 Cruiser Club Members. (A significant discount from normal.)

The Skinny: Ever wanted to know your power output? Now's your chance. Fully stock or fully custom, bring it out to play. There are 10 spots available. We'll start running rigs at 9 am and schedule folks for roughly 30-45 minute increments. If more than 10 people are interested, we go to a lottery system to narrow the field to 10. (Might be able to squeak in 12 rigs, but we'll see who signs up first).

To sign-up, post up on this thread. Tell your friends if they're not on this forum, to get on this forum or get ahold of me. Before we confirm your spot, we'll need payment up front. That way we can minimize no-shows and be sure folks are serious about taking advantage of this really unique opportunity.

The Dyno open to us is REAR WHEEL DRIVE ONLY. So all you 100/LX470 guys that want to join the fun, we can pull front drive shafts in the parking lot, or on the lift at Dark Horse, and get you on the Dyno.

For now, this is open to CLUB MEMBERS and TOYOTA/LEXUS ONLY. We'll open up to other folks or other rigs only if we don't fill 10 spots. I'm guessing that's not gonna happen. If you have two rigs you wanna run, let us know and sign up for two slots.

Club will most likely spring for pizza and sodas for lunch. So spend the whole day, or come for a specific rig.

Let's see a big ol' turnout. Bring your rig and have a blast!

Update. Confirmed as of 5/2/22: 8 rigs on the board. Got room for 2-4 more!
@1jzhilux 80 series
@thetoyotaman 80 series
@REZARF 100 series
@bagochips76 60 series with Cummins 2.8
@JohnnyOshow22 80 series
@406Camper 3rd gen Taco
@elkun1 40 series with V8 (?)
@90WT 40 series with F

Update 5/8/22: Be sure to bring your check/cash to the meeting on Tuesday to reserve your spot. Make checks to 406 Cruisers. Dark Horse is bringing in guys special for us on Saturday, so we're going to start runs at 9 am and schedule rigs one after the other to minimize any idle time. Since we have a few 40s and a few 80s, to minimize Dyno set up effort, we'd be best to lump the 40s together, and the 80s back to back. We're still a little flexible on sign up times, but come to the meeting on Tuesday with the hope we can efficiently schedule the day. For non-club members, if there are any spots still open on Tuesday, we'll open it up. Still Toyota/Lexus only.

And: 406 Cruisers will be having Pizza and Sodas show up to Dark Horse around Noon. Again, come for the whole day, or half-day or just to say Thanks to Dark Horse for being a Club Sponsor!

Update 5/11/22:
Time slots: 45 minutes per rig approximately. Show up a little early and please be ready to roll at your time slot. Reminder: Dyno is REAR WHEEL DRIVE ONLY. Guys with All wheel drive will need to pull front axles or driveshaft. Be sure to have that work done before your time slot.
9:00 am Ron 40 series with V8 swap
9:45 am Matt 40 series with original F engine
10:30 am Mark 3rd gen Taco, stock
11:15 am Stephen 60 series with Cummins 2.8
12:00 pm Nick 60 series, unknown mods
12:45 pm Darren 80 series, supercharged 4.5L maybe?
1:30 pm Johnny 80 series, bored over 4.5L
2:15 pm Drew 100 series, stock
3:00 pm Jorge 100 series, unknown mods
3:45 pm Dane 78 series, stock diesel
4:15 pm Mattias 80 series, unknown mods

Last edited:
I’m in! My guess is a little over 100 raging squirrels for me

I am going to nominate...

@bagochips76 to get one of their R2.8 conversions out there, I am most curious about this motor for my 40.
@hygge to see what that 6.0L is doing... im putting my money here.
@Dave406 to see what the mighty 1F is still pulling
@JohnnyOshow22 to see what that 40 is pulling
@elkun1 to show off that V8 40!
Someone with a Toyota Diesel
Someone with some BOOST!
Someone with a simple LS swapped Cruiser.

Matt, I'd take a spot for my 100 series/Sequoia (5.7!) but I would rather some more interesting Cruisers go first.

@bagochips76 to get one of their R2.8 conversions out there, I am most curious about this motor for my 40.
Someone with some BOOST!

Matt, I'd take a spot for my 100 series/Sequoia (5.7!) but I would rather some more interesting Cruisers go first.
In! Don't know what I'll throw on it but it'll be sad whatever it is 🤣

I'm in to represent the newer Taco's.

Sounds like some really neat data in the making here! Curious to see the results from some of these rigs.

Someone with some BOOST!

how can i not show up, I'm in

Someone with some BOOST!

how can i not show up, I'm in

You gotta get in on this.
I'd love to, just don't want to steal a slot from any club members that want to have a go.

Dibs on 1030 since I am driving from Billings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom