Scheel-Mann Seat Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know how you feel, the pair is more than I paid for the 80 actually. I suppose they are my single most expensive mod. I'm cringing at the price of bumpers, and then realize I have more in my seats... I only have ~ 90 miles in them, but they feel great so far, and they are just the perfect seat for an 80 I think. And probably the first seat to fit my back well (I got the XXL's) since that's where all my height is. Did you get the Planted brackets ? They are the only ones I have experience with, but they were perfect.

Enjoy !

Jason
Yes, I got the XXL, with the F booster, along with the planted bracket. I wasn’t that worried about heated seats but the Mrs insisted, and the heated seats are in stock.

I hope Scheel considers making a more aggressive, sporty looking set in the future. A smidgeon of Recaro with an integrated head rest section. I like some of these speed seats in og Land Rover Defenders and would love to outfit my 80 with this aesthetic plus the functional quality of Scheel.

......lemme guess, you bought the Passenger side, didnt ya?!:rofl:
Buy once, cry once…….

On the flip side, for the first time since I’ve been married I didn’t have to cut the IRS a check, and I hadn’t spent a dime of the child tax credit checks they kept sending me, so its just a matter of convincing the wife this is a joint purchase instead of a me purchase……

First of all, my bank account has the following message for everyone who has contributed to this thread 🖕

I’m waiting for my link to pay for a pair of these. I haven’t seen them, or sat in them, and the price tag makes them the 2nd largest single mod on my rig. Literally more than my Dobisons MMR’s but less than Joey’s turbo kit. I hope they are as nice as y’all say. Will update when they come in!
Yeah I have several thousand miles with these. I took one trip that was two eight hour days on the road. Went on a wheeling day trip that ended up being 14 hours of driving. They're amazing. Absolutely no discomfort whatsoever. Hopefully you got the heater option!

Got my shipping notice. How long did y’all have to wait on brackets from planted? Tony advised a 2 week wait time, but I’m not sure if that’s a under promise/over perform time frame.

Got my shipping notice. How long did y’all have to wait on brackets from planted? Tony advised a 2 week wait time, but I’m not sure if that’s a under promise/over perform time frame.
Never had any issue waiting on Planted. They were always delivered before the seats.

Planted cut the sheel mann pattern in my brackets and had them out the door in under 24 hours.

I’ve received both the seats and brackets, but only had time to install the driver seat. My first impression is positive, but I’ve only had a couple of hours of seat time. For those on the fence;
If you ever wished you had more leg room, like more than the manual factory seats, or the power seats with the extensions on them, THIS WILL DELIVER.
If you are long in the torso, and wished there was an option that lowered your hips by an inch or so, THIS WILL DELIVER. Also, there is coverage for my entire torso, reducing fatigue even on short drives.

So far, my only complaint is that while my legs are long enough to utilize the full thigh support, the seating position puts my legs an enough of an angle were several inches of coverage are not used. If I were trying to sleep on the passenger side, and put the seat all the way back, it may be a different story. I will need to test this once I get the other seat installed on my next day off, monday ish (i work nights)

My install saga for these things is painful! Still ongoing...
Really? Aside from figuring power for the heated seats, everything else was straight forward with the planted brackets.

I also found the old nuts from my old shock towers matched the seatbelt bolt perfectly. Who knew?

Still waiting on the next sale.. The Planted SB263 brackets have been collecting dust for two years now...

These will never be on sale.....maybe a clean set of BMW M3 seats....that was my second choice. My ADHD could never allow a seat of a different color.

These will never be on sale.....maybe a clean set of BMW M3 seats....that was my second choice. My ADHD could never allow a seat of a different color.
Nothing a good upholstery shop can't fix for ya! Thought about doing that to my Scheelys, but I'm actually quite happy with the contrast of the colors against the 40th interior.

Still waiting on the next sale.. The Planted SB263 brackets have been collecting dust for two years now...
Agreed they are overpriced, overhyped, and will never go on sale. I know some will argue otherwise (always have one), but you spend more time sleeping in your bed or sitting in your living room than driving a Landcruiser. Think about that for a minute and maybe the money should go to that instead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom