AHC fluid check (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there have been a bunch of recent horror stories related to tainted AHC fluid.

Just want to make sure the recent delivery I received is not at risk of taint? My understanding is that at least some of the plastic bottles were tainted, but the metal cans are not?

Just received these in the mail from McGeorge Toyota Parts.

4856EBB8-6758-425A-979B-D4FA1B200A6B.jpeg

I don't think there is a case of contamination reported from the metal containers. But to be on the safe side, you can pour it in a clear container before using them. make sure it is clear and not contaminated.

That's what I used for my recent AHC flush...ordered from McGeorge as well. I poured the fluid into a glass mason jar before pouring into my AHC reservoir to be sure, but both of my 2.5L cans were free of any contaminants.

That's what I used for my recent AHC flush...ordered from McGeorge as well. I poured the fluid into a glass mason jar before pouring into my AHC reservoir to be sure, but both of my 2.5L cans were free of any contaminants.

Good stuff. That’s what I thought.

Speaking of Ga....is there an indy shop that's familiar enough of AHC that can do the flush? North metro preferably. I know of ACC but trying to stay in the alpha/roswell area.

Metal is all good. Metal cans were discontinued for a while and some of the plastic bottles gelled (I think in late 2020 or 2021 sometime?). Check any plastic bottles before using by pouring into another container or through a cloth before putting into the reservoir. Metal cans were reintroduced in theory to prevent the gelling again.

Speaking of Ga....is there an indy shop that's familiar enough of AHC that can do the flush? North metro preferably. I know of ACC but trying to stay in the alpha/roswell area.

Check with Toyotech in Chamblee. I use them for regular maintenance, but unsure of their experience with AHC. I am doing the flush myself, not because I don’t trust Toyotech, but really I just don’t trust anyone to do it right given all the horror stories you read on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom