What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hate waiting for parts. I just wanna install stuff. Why I cant I have high quality parts produced at light speed?

This is sarcasm.

I'm at week 6 of 6-12 for my bumper.
I got word my exhaust won't ship till early may.

I hate waiting for parts. I just wanna install stuff. Why I cant I have high quality parts produced at light speed?

This is sarcasm.

I'm at week 6 of 6-12 for my bumper.
I got word my exhaust won't ship till early may.
The original ETA on my wheels is 7 months lol. We'll see if they make it in time or not, should be June

A little refresh/baselining going on here.

0A561455-ACFD-437E-AA59-AF08FCC2D1E7.jpeg

Cheers

Old and busted:

IMG_20220413_175837297.jpg

New hotness:

IMG_20220414_123557628.jpg

First time replacing a fan shroud, but simple enough job. I did it while grilling some chicken for dinner, and I was done before the chicken. :) Disconnect two hoses, two bolts on shroud, 4 nuts on fan clutch. If you're careful you can remove the fan while keeping pressure on the water pump pulley and then put a couple of bolts back on to keep it secure and keep tension on the belts.

I had read in a few places that you could replace the shroud w/o removing the battery box. That may be true, but I could see really messing up your radiator fins trying to work around the battery and box, so I ending up adding about 15 mins to the job to remove the battery and battery box. Much less stress that way.

Old and busted:

View attachment 2981464

New hotness:

View attachment 2981465

First time replacing a fan shroud, but simple enough job. I did it while grilling some chicken for dinner, and I was done before the chicken. :) Disconnect two hoses, two bolts on shroud, 4 nuts on fan clutch. If you're careful you can remove the fan while keeping pressure on the water pump pulley and then put a couple of bolts back on to keep it secure and keep tension on the belts.

I had read in a few places that you could replace the shroud w/o removing the battery box. That may be true, but I could see really messing up your radiator fins trying to work around the battery and box, so I ending up adding about 15 mins to the job to remove the battery and battery box. Much less stress that way.
Don't forget your foam

Just smoking @NLXTACYs piece pipe for a future boost gauge install.

20220414_161840_HDR.jpg
20220414_161851.jpg

Y'all might mistake me for a "fan-boy", but I am a stickers and patches whore.

20220414_161631_HDR.jpg

@NLXTACY, thanks for the hook-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom