Events/Trails 💥Pig Party 2022💥 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The wifey and I will be there (contingent on Bob M showing up - better be there, Bob!) I'll be driving the GREEN Pig, and the wife will drive the chaser FZJ80. Just in case. All the way from Big Spring, Texas.
Welcome aboard…added to the list. We all want bob there!

No sir. I have had a conflict with that weekend the last few years, and probably for the next few years.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

My July is usually 4th of July, open water swim race, Black Hills Cruiser Classic. The race and Classic they always put on the same weekends for easy planning.

It looks like it will be a great turn-out and a beautiful location - you all will have a fine time!
We’ll miss you. You’ve been straight about your conflicts. Wasn’t my first choice of timing either but seemed to accommodate best those who had weighed in as evidenced by both veteran partiers and newcomers signed up so far.

Need to also add FJ55zen and Cgn 1976.

This might be the biggest Western gathering of Pigs if everyone shows up. Looks like we're up to 18 with 16 of the vehicles FJ55s.
Met with John and Mark yesterday in Albuquerque and each of the three of us agreed to take a day in the lead for trail runs. Bonnie and I will lead the route along the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. John and Mark will spend some time exploring and finalizing their plans but have some great ideas. Plenty of opportunities before and after, including Ojo Caliente Hot Springs and a day riding the train rather than chasing it. Also in areas coming and going to Rio de los Pinos.
Please do add me. Still planning to be there, especially now that the new 2F runs, doesnt leak,.lurch or hesitate, and it even stops!

Edit...already added...thx....Late to the "party", as per usual

Also trying to convince a buddy or two from ABQ to join us for the whiskey portion of the events. Both worthless when it comes to wrenching, but one guy has a nice lifted 4runner (chase vehicle 😜). I'll keep you posted on the extra bodies.

Last edited:
We may need to hold off on inviting too many nonPig owners. We have 20 vehicles already and a 9 space campground. Supposedly large spaces we can double up in and maybe dispersed camping nearby. No doubt some will drop off closer to the actual date and we can re-evaluate then.
The winch I got from you will get a workout this weekend on some landscaping projects. Thanks again.
Jim

We may need to hold off on inviting too many nonPig owners. We have 20 vehicles already and a 9 space campground. Supposedly large spaces we can double up in and maybe dispersed camping nearby. No doubt some will drop off closer to the actual date and we can re-evaluate then.
The winch I got from you will get a workout this weekend on some landscaping projects. Thanks again.
Jim
Got ya. May have a rider sans truck

I'm ready for an adventure, anybody else? The SLOW 71 is getting some needed attention and we can't wait. We're leaving on July 1st. and staying off the interstates camping along the way. In order to make it back for Jeri's trip to Florida I'll have to pull a BobM / Remy on the way back, well worth it.

Let's do this!

Getting lined up ourselves. Test run to Moab with some local Cruiser folk at the end of the month. Then to Flagstaff mid-May where we’re volunteering at the Outdoor Expo. Rising Sun group’s Train Run in mid-June where we’ll get a chance to preview location of the Pig Party in July.
Also need to do some fluffing and folding on the Frankencruiser. Hope I can find some time.

Hey Jim,

You had talked about picking up one of those electric RTT, did that pan out?
Did not. Decided the one we were looking at was too big, too heavy and too complicated. Mounting also difficult since it was designed to be on a dedicated trailer. Found another CVT one locally that’ll give us a little more room. Need to get it up top this weekend or next.

Getting lined up ourselves. Test run to Moab with some local Cruiser folk at the end of the month. Then to Flagstaff mid-May where we’re volunteering at the Outdoor Expo. Rising Sun group’s Train Run in mid-June where we’ll get a chance to preview location of the Pig Party in July.
Also need to do some fluffing and folding on the Frankencruiser. Hope I can find some time.
I’ll be at Cruise Moab at the end of the month with my 100. Finished my 500 mile test shakeout runs and now have the following to figure out:
1) small coolant leak
2) small oil leak
3) very loud whine on the fuel pump for the Sniper EFI

Hit me up when you roll into AZ. Maybe I can sneak away for the day and come have a beer with ya.

Headed for a long weekend in Moab as our first shakedown cruise for the Pig Party. Waited until the day before to finally throw the new to us rooftop tent on and check it out. Lots more room. Penthouse expansion!!

A19267EA-0400-4B7A-9622-D20E59D9BA31.jpeg

4058F2CE-7ECF-41DF-8AE4-B1EF17814388.jpeg

Looks nice Jim. Now just keep it away from low hanging awnings and drive-thru’s and you’ll be golden👌
Hard lessons only need to be learned once!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom