Skreddy bought a red one; now what… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow. :oops:

Good thing cruisers are tough. And it's in good hands now. :clap:

Unrelated-ish. Was enjoying a frosty IPA and “just looking at it”. Saw some small handprints on the rear passenger side where it’s kind of shiny. Thought “must be my kids”; but these handprints are too small. And they lead right to the rear vent window that was removed…. Wonder if this is the source of all the poultry legs? Whatever the critter was, it did deter the mice from infesting the cruiser so I guess that’s good.
75B1658F-AF41-43FF-BA32-1270901C43F0.jpeg
B625D595-451C-4F59-8445-81ED1C2EE3E1.jpeg

Unrelated-ish. Was enjoying a frosty IPA and “just looking at it”. Saw some small handprints on the rear passenger side where it’s kind of shiny. Thought “must be my kids”; but these handprints are too small. And they lead right to the rear vent window that was removed…. Wonder if this is the source of all the poultry legs? Whatever the critter was, it did deter the mice from infesting the cruiser so I guess that’s good.
Coon.

Last edited:
That’s a sweet rig. Love it.

This is killing me. I walked out there a few minutes ago to grab something and I thought it looked weird because I DIDN’T see Rocket in the window.
I’ve never named a vehicle, but maybe “Red Rocket” if that’s not already claimed by something else….

This is killing me. I walked out there a few minutes ago to grab something and I thought it looked weird because I DIDN’T see Rocket in the window.
I’ve never named a vehicle, but maybe “Red Rocket” if that’s not already claimed by something else….
Uhhh, I'm not sure I'd want to name my '40 after slang for male dog genitals...

I took 4 cranks to the machinist and we chose the best one to get turned for the Red Rocket (hehe). Machinist is a few weeks out on cranks but that’s fine. I started cleaning and measuring pistons and this engine is already .75mm over. The bores look really good and probably pretty low mileage so I’m thinking a bottle brush/ dingle ball hone will clean them up great. But….. my spare 2F that I planned on borrowing a rod and piston from is standard bore (and real nice, still cross hatched cylinders!). So I need to source a good domed .75mm over piston or I may give a whirl to a set of new ITM pistons. I don’t think the cylinders need bored but when I have the block hot tanked, I will get them checked out to be sure.

Sure would be nice to know what caused the bearing/rod failure. The cylinders and pistons look like they have little use but the oil was black and thin. Bearings didn’t look so super either. I have a couple theories that I’ll share later as I dig deeper into the engine and the rest of the cruiser.

Some potential changing life events means I may not have as much time as I was anticipating for a little while. So with that, I’m debating on selling this cruiser as it is. I’ll probably put up a for sale ad this week, but if anyone watching this thread is interested in it, pm me.

Well this one has gone down the road. New owner is relatively local but not on mud. He’s restored a few and they look pretty sharp. This one will be getting all the rust and dents fixed and a respray in freeborn red. I didn’t even break even on it but that’s fine; at least it should be back on the road in a year or so and being enjoyed.
2E8A3235-28D3-4E40-8C72-43F97F6172E3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom