Builds fj40_73 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like AAA is willing to give me Classic Car Insurance. Way better coverage and agreed value. Will know later this week, I have to get my name on one of the :princess: auto titles, to qualify.

Here's some lawn poser shots to keep it a viewable post.

pose1.jpg

pose2.jpg

pose3.jpg

pose4.jpg

Still plan on running the exhaust inside the frame rails, yes ugly as is, and I need to make up some rock sliders. I also plan on going back to the bushwacker fender flairs(which will allow me to get my rear gas filler cover back on), that is why I have not trimmed the ones on there, so when I sell these the buyer can trim as they need.

fourpluse1.jpg

Picked up my 4+ bumper from Dom's house this AM. He offered to help my out with it on Monday, .... but looks like I was a bit excited to get it on there.

:beer::beer::hillbilly:

fourpluse2.jpg

Now to attach my rear fender flars, put gas tank & seats back in, reattach drive axles, then wait for more paint to arrive to pain the hood.:doh:Brakes are back on line too.:bounce:

I don't suppose I'll get a response here this late, but the fuel filler? My 1973 is forward, near the usual spot, by the passenger door. I suppose this is a mod for an exterior tank underneath?

Sweet build, one question about your paint but did you just use the Cans from Cruiser Corps to paint it ? If so did you colour sand or just shoot it and let it sit as it came out ?

Sweet build, one question about your paint but did you just use the Cans from Cruiser Corps to paint it ? If so did you colour sand or just shoot it and let it sit as it came out ?
no I did paint match at the time.. 10 years later I did get some Cruiser Corps spray paint for the hard top.. and it looked good at first but turned from green to blue after a year.

14 years later...

Sanderson Headers QP1000-SEC...new old fenders.. new new side steps.... ..work is starting again.

1. remove AA headers that leak way too much heat.

2. Weld up inner frame rail exhaust.
3. Replace bondo and cut fenders with some old, new to me decent 70s metal.. needs work and pictures.
4. Think about a repaint
(nice to do) Fix old doors.. 3d design window regulator parts.
5-90. Stuff i'll have to do to get to 6.

Last edited:

14 years later...

Sanderson Headers QP1000-SEC...new old fenders.. new new side steps.... ..work is starting again.

1. remove AA headers that leak way too much heat.

2. Weld up inner frame rail exhaust.
3. Replace bondo and cut fenders with some old, new to me decent 70s metal.. needs work and pictures.
4. Think about a repaint
(nice to do) Fix old doors.. 3d design window regulator parts.
5-90. Stuff i'll have to do to get to 6.
#1. & #2 check.
Bonus points.. junked rear jeep fender flares for fj40 bushwackers.
be kind.. its been a while since I have welded and making that crossover took a few hours / pieces to get right. I was able to replace the oil filter when done.. so.. i'm happy with it.

ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

ex4.jpg

ex5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom