1974 Toyota Truck Bed Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yoooo Mr Bean. I noticed this trailer says “long bed”… how long is it? Mine is exactly 6’ long. I’m trying to find the right 3 person roof top tent for mine but quite a few of the larger soft shells are longer then I want and hang over. I also noticed that my yota trailer has 4 side cleats and yours has 3.
It’s 7’5” long. Interesting on the hooks. You think there’d be more on a longer bed.

After 8 months I finally got to pick up my rims from my friend @POTATO LAUNCHER Love that they match the trailer color!!
C0D3A823-2CBB-4AC1-B194-0D21B37C4CEB.jpeg
D0F4E554-66EA-48C8-89B9-80D6546789AD.jpeg

I’m swapping the axle for a trailer axle. The factory on it is 4 lug.

Interesting it's a four lug? Was it from the Toyota pickup frame and bed? Thought all Toyota pickups were five lug up to 79 then 4X4s were six lug. Thought about switching to a 40 series rear axle. Just have to move spring perches. It may be a little wider than the trucks.

I'd sooner buy some of the flanges that weld onto a rear housing, weld them to a tube, and use FJ/Mini front spindles & wheel hubs, and what the heck - put some auto-locking hubs on just to confuse the spectators! Not a fan of using a whole rear axle under a trailer.

I'd sooner buy some of the flanges that weld onto a rear housing, weld them to a tube, and use FJ/Mini front spindles & wheel hubs, and what the heck - put some auto-locking hubs on just to confuse the spectators! Not a fan of using a whole rear axle under a trailer.

Could always use a rear full floater from a 40 series and install lock out hubs or drive plates.

Interesting it's a four lug? Was it from the Toyota pickup frame and bed? Thought all Toyota pickups were five lug up to 79 then 4X4s were six lug. Thought about switching to a 40 series rear axle. Just have to move spring perches. It may be a little wider than the trucks.
It’s Toyota and I may be thinking of a different trailer. I’ll look when I’m back.

Seems like a rare piece to be putting under a trailer, and the idea was to get the whole diff drop-out etc. out from under the trailer.

I have a similar trailer I've been playing with. It's pretty fun so far!

View attachment 2981518

Trade you an OEM Soft top, and bows, OEM soft doors, Bandi tailgate, red hardtop sides with cap, red amby doors and OEM rear hatch…for your trailer, hardtop, and 4 doors! 😁

Using the old girl fir some work.
553AAD5A-13BE-4A37-B26E-E4138843B793.jpeg

Seeing your trailer lights, my old Auto Shop Instructor never even bothered with lights on his trailers. He had one set of Tow Truck grade magnetic lights that he just moved from trailer to trailer as needed. I made my own using oval LED truck tail lights and their mount grommets and angle brackets, some rare earth magnets from McMaster.com, and some SOOW 4/14 extension cord. I used adhesive lined crimp terminals for all of the junctions and covered all of where I had to cut back the cord jacket with 3M 130C self-fusing splicing tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom