Builds Meet “Marge” our new Piggy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I brushed the heck outa all the rusty spots with a really stiff wire brush. I may switch to a wire wheel type doodad that I can put on a grinder or drill. I didn’t want to go that route as I went completely through the metal on my old 40 using power to remove rust. I guess I’ll just gently use power if that’s possible.

Thanks for all the tips gents. When you are in the sh*t sometimes you get tunnel vision.
Probably a sign that new metal was needed...

Mr. donor piggie made his first donation today. I found a shop close by to fix the front seat mounts. Figure it doesn’t hurt to take these in when Marge is up and running.
74E0F2F4-5EF4-43C1-B4DC-9B5B882F6306.jpeg
8F7AB80E-813C-4F3D-A8A7-590CF3BF00BE.jpeg

My welding skills are somewhere between non existent and nowhere. With my seat “perches” in Marge being so mangled I just figured I’d cut these bad boys outa Mr. Donor pig and take them to the shop after I get Marge up and running. I honestly have no idea the best way to fix what I currently have going on (no welding/metal skill) but figured these might help the place that fixes it.

@bobm I’d absolutely like to have the measurements. The more info I can give the shop the better.

@PabloCruise Mr. donor pig is a 78’ as well. Came with Marge in a package deal. It has either been rolled or just dumped on his side but definitely some usable parts still.

928E3CB1-FADC-4C1B-9543-C7D5BEE0AC31.jpeg

Also, thank you all that recommended Corroseal. My prep improved as I used power this time around but what an awesome product. I believe I now have a good base for paint when it shows up.

Question to those that have used Corroseal. Did you just paint right over the top?

Thank you.
58627F2F-1931-4209-96D5-A21ED16BF71F.jpeg
213A2880-0ACE-4735-A64F-D024DCAF4E70.jpeg

Also, thank you all that recommended Corroseal. My prep improved as I used power this time around but what an awesome product. I believe I now have a good base for paint when it shows up.

Question to those that have used Corroseal. Did you just paint right over the top?

Thank you.View attachment 2973996View attachment 2973998
Nice pic... good work.. and yes you can paint over it. or so says my PnB guy

An Hours worth of work and ready for rattle can of Ivory white

Marge got a little lipstick today. Burned through the 2 rattle cans I bought from cruiser corps and my buddy who is letting me use his shop said to me well why don’t you just go down to such and such place….they mix custom paint….🤦‍♂️ Sure enough about an hour later I had 2 more Cygnus white cans in hand. Not my best work but heck it’s gonna be buried under floor mats and seats…I’ll sleep better knowing I checked the rust for a bit.
120EA992-7C1A-45F0-B57B-DA1F292EDD83.jpeg
E3137A38-9FB1-428A-8B1A-75DBFC2D8120.jpeg

Took out the piece of metal in the door that used to have the window squeegee/felt attached to it. Gonna give Steele Rubber Products a call Monday and see if @NikP parts numbers are still good # 70-3804-61 Outer Beltline and 70-0961-60 Weatherstrip Beltline from Steele Rubber Products.

Nik if you are still around the sty can you comment on which part number you used for the outside? I’m assuming “outer” is for the outside and one the inside?

Also has anyone found replacements for the metal clips?

Getting closer to being able to turn the key and drive!
63239E24-698F-4F26-8834-32BC2496C131.jpeg
210E3517-F424-4EF6-90F3-4DA140A79C7D.jpeg
0C822E90-0171-40C4-9649-40B2F2C1898C.jpeg

Really nice job on the floors. I also plan to paint my floors soon. It took 4 cans? What size?
Took 3 cans. And I used every last drop of all 3. I bought the 4th when I bought the 3rd cause I didn’t want to make another trip. You’d be safe with 4, 3 if you want to gamble there is no size on the rattle can. It’s “the can” from cruiser corps, and the cans I had made locally were same size.
4067E51D-17AA-437D-89F7-3FB5DBC56B70.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, the outer beltline part number glues to the outside of the door panel. Mine are still holding up and haven't come loose.

Marge got a little lipstick today. Burned through the 2 rattle cans I bought from cruiser corps and my buddy who is letting me use his shop said to me well why don’t you just go down to such and such place….they mix custom paint….🤦‍♂️ Sure enough about an hour later I had 2 more Cygnus white cans in hand. Not my best work but heck it’s gonna be buried under floor mats and seats…I’ll sleep better knowing I checked the rust for a bit.View attachment 2976416View attachment 2976417
Looks good! Are you going to just do touch-up paint once you repair the seat mounts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom