DIY 3D Printed Cup Holder Plans (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Noted, consider it done boss. You should do this one in PeTG.

Update on first test print in carbon fiber petg.

Also, @CSteppe82 i know you don’t need a holder but I got some things cooking for the potheads too!

My Buddha figurine collection is 300+ models and counting (most I can sell/non copyrighted). This one is Buddha Cheech, just got done printing today! Also I have the Buddhist ladies, yoda and Batman keeping an eye on @TeCKis300 ‘s test print.

View attachment 2967995

View attachment 2967997

View attachment 2967998

View attachment 2967999
HaHa. That’s great !! ❤️❤️

@SharpeCat any way to get the prusa slicer version for a prusa printer?
Yessir! I won't be around forever to keep making these, that and i want to move on to other things for mud after i figure this one out. There are about an infinite number of other projects, even mods for this project (which i have a few in mind), and i will move onto them after i figure out this one.

I plan on sharing everything needed for someone/anyone else with a 3D printer to be able to replicate my work, and i can even get you guys good deals on some models. For example, a Genius Pro from Artillery (220 x 220 x 250) is $300 shipped from CA, and $350 for the sidewinder X2s (300 x 300 x 400mm build volume) that you often see in my photos/stream. With that said, regardless of whether or not you ever buy anything from me (i dont mark it up/take profit anyways), if you need help with 3D printing in general, i am here to help.

And honestly i would rather teach you, than to make them for you for the rest of your life :D.

With that said i plan on sharing profiles for both Cura and Prusa (the 2 most common), and for both Direct Drive and Bowden setups. Direct drive means your extruder (feeds filament) is mounted directly on top of your hotend assembly (nozzle area), and bowden means your extruder is sitting off to the side and the filament is fed through a tube to the hotend. In addition to sharing my profiles/everything for the Cup Holder/other mud projects, i'll make a video for mud to go over the important settings; as understanding them can help you be successful in slicing for other models.

I'll put up a seperate thread for 3D printing stuff in general today as well as post in Group Buy section for people who need a printer/supplies but also need good bang for their bucks, so that we can keep this one more about Cup Holders!

Carbon Fiber PETG is… overbuilt. It’s very sturdy. $30 delivered after i clean it up (a few test prints away from something i can ship off).

ABS is awaiting Trident parts (this week) and will be $25.

PLA/PETG $20. PLA comes with a lot of color options, including special effects like rainbow/metallic/glow/color changing (temperature)/marble/wood/etc. PETG has the second largest selection of colors, followed by ABS. Carbon fiber comes in.... carbon fiber black.

Non personalized cup holders i can begin printing this week/ship off next week.

Personalized cup holders, send me some info/ideas! I am learning tinkercad/blender, and go at a snails pace but i will get it done.

I'm still working on @grinchy 's. Need to find a good low-poly model of Mr. Rainier that will print well. The one i stuck in there right now will look rough but its better than nothing until someone donates a better file.

Let me know if you have any questions, and trust i am working hard on this! Also really appreciate the support from everyone.

- sharpe

image.jpg

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

5.PNG

Last edited:
PM sent

Too c
Got nowhere on examples of personalization, my tinkercad skills need work. Also my blender skills is a bit elementary but I’ll work on that too. Ok fine, “a bit” is an understatement, but I’ll get better after some sleep; no promises.

My normal PETG black print became a stringy mess to the point that it was ruined. The carbon fiber PETG print is doing well (the stringing can be easily cleaned up after). The finish and strength is nice! I can barely find the layer lines on on some parts.

I will run the normal PETG print again for folks who want one for $20 shipped. The carbon fiber PETG one will be $5-10 more; I am still trying out different settings in the slicing software, which can affect final print times and material costs. If I ask for $30 total, I can assure you guys it will worth it; I hope… again no promises. Note that I have a strict no return policy, as it will be just as cost effective to send mudders a free replacement (shipping cost is probably equal to what I am asking); not worth the extra CO2 emissions from the extra transportation needs, not kidding.

@TeCKis300 I engraved your name on it! This will not be the final one I ship, but I’ll send it for your personal collection anyways; or whichever is the first successful test print. #fingerscrossed

View attachment 2967448

View attachment 2967449

View attachment 2967450

Too cool. To watch what was a small homebrew project to you taking this to scale! Exciting to watch the progress in real time.

Update: the guy who was making the ABS parts I need to get the trident up broke a part on his machine, so it’s taking longer.

I also ordered a second one, with all parts included, as backup plan. Will be here in a week!

-Sharpe

Last edited:
I would love one of these with 2 slots for an iPhone Max. I don’t have a need right now for the other slots.
I assume 13, and case will be smaller than an otter case? I might throw in a case just... in case!

Also, how about both in middle, facing away from each other? Enlarge the ham radio slot/put divider in between the 2 phones?

Rough sketch/i am getting started right now (bao the builder youtube, use that chat if you want faster responses).

1649353713352.png

1649353734531.png

- Sharpe

If phones in middle i can put in a divider (removable so you can have 1 bigger storage slot if you want (for keys), will fit properly when done), or i can make the "notepad" area more thick and slap them both side by side back there.

Like this:

1649357343546.png

@Gr8Daneger

Might consider trying to route in a cable for charging while in holders as well.

I need to test fitment, almost forgot. Before I slice this batch I will make sure that they will slide in and not need to be forced in.

FYI, to do this without throwing off proportions in cura @lx200inAR, you will need to reduce the “outer wall width” by about 10-20%. Do not scale one part down to 99% as that affects all dimensions and can throw off other areas. @gasman Prusa also has something similar.

They both look great, you probably know the spacing best! Can you do one phone at the front and one at the back and still retain the radio area in the middle?

They both look great, you probably know the spacing best! Can you do one phone at the front and one at the back and still retain the radio area in the middle?
1649373825534.png

1649373929702.png

The phone slot Teck put in the front will fit, and back area where his notepad will have room to spare. Will share when i am done!

- Sharpe

Stream disconnected while i was in the car doing test fitment i think, but am live again with a camera on first print (CF PETG). This one was sliced in Cura and i will slice some from Prusaslicer while this runs. After print is done and i am happy, i will share slice settings; keep in mind these changes a lot as i learn/try new settings.\

Stream disconnected while i was in the car doing test fitment i think, but am live again with a camera on first print (CF PETG). This one was sliced in Cura and i will slice some from Prusaslicer while this runs. After print is done and i am happy, i will share slice settings; keep in mind these changes a lot as i learn/try new settings.\

I ordered a second Voron (Complete kit this time) to make printed parts for my first Voron, funny how that works.

With these, I will be able to provide quality ABS parts to mud (as well as Polycarbonate, Carbon Fiber Nylon and etc). I think mud is going to love the PC and CF nylon, as they are some of the strongest materials that 3D printers can make.

They will be full time on cup holders for the first few months, and I’ll even setup a channel for them (24/7 livestream). You can watch your cups being printed after you order, from start to finish! After cup holders they will move on to provide other parts for mud/making parts for more printers.

Let’s take a second to appreciate the first two printers I am building to cater specifically to mud:

1649428245377.png

I’ll start saving for a precision 3D scanner for automotive parts and mud is going to get very very spoiled.

-Sharpe

D49F0382-AB69-4AAE-BE9E-E6BF2AA09115.png

Also, another little update = ).

I know I painted my goldfish the wrong color, but don’t distract yourself from what’s important here!

‘Merica.

10 days til Voron gets here boys!

-Sharpe

image.jpg

I realize it may not be obvious to everyone here, but that’s a multi color print!

Or, multi materials. I’ll fill you guys in on why that’s a big deal later.

Last edited:
Went to take trash cans in and found these in the mail! LOL! These are great @mceagle555. I’ll include one in the cup holders when I send them out, and will work a stand or something into the cup holders as one of the options.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

As of right now, no one is obligated to buy anything. With that said, I would recommend waiting on ABS. I really do appreciate everyone rushing in and all the support (I haven’t even opened up shop!), but I also really want to give you guys something good.

Trust me that both will be plenty strong. The carbon fiber PETG is just for those who likes the CF look, but the rigidity is likely not practical as ABS is also quite strong (I can just as easily overbuild it). The difference and most important factor is that ABS will survive anywhere you want to take your LC, and that’s the kind of peace of mind that many of us look for.

I think we wait on the enclosed vorons and do BIG ABS the right way, and use the next 2 weeks to collectively brainstorm and work on designs/options.

With that said, if you really want one now I can make that happen. However, I get the feeling the wait will be worth it =).

If you want to see color options, everything made by Keene Village Plastics/MakeShaper is available for you to choose from.

If you want a color they do not have, just order it and send it to my house so I can give you the color option you want.

I will also work on an official order form (likely Google form) where you can pick colors/options/request personalization. This will help me keep track of things and be able to fill orders more efficiently.

I’m going to get some rest, and excited to pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Really appreciate everyone here. Starting a new business is tough as hell, and you guys are a literal blessing/a much needed break.

-Sharpe

Last edited:
Machines/"MUD FLEET" fundraising (building a "Mud Manufacturing" room in my home): Make mini Land Cruiser 1/16 scale kits, using mud colors for first kit. Check 3Dsets.com for more, I can make any one of them as well as legally sell any model I have purchased. Will show examples later today as well as show the prints live. Plan is to simply sell PLA/PETG/TPU prints, and use that to add future additions that can handle ABS/Nylon/PC and even metal!

- List these in "Small Business Storefront".

These LC remote control cars alone will come in many variants, including rock crawler and desert racer. This first batch is just the 1/16th scale kit with no electronics, but eventually I will be able to ship these off as "Ready to Race/Run" models, fully customized and unique to mud. You can either plug in your own electronics, or I can send you some later when I can afford a batch order.
1649497815243.png

Here is how the kit is split up/each build plate will be one color. You can paint it any way you want, meaning your tires (flexible filament/TPU) does not have to be black.

1649498346155.png

@TeCKis300 @lx200inAR @gasman4u and anyone else with their own 3D printers (you can get one from me for $160-350 depending on build volume and features).

Universal Gcodes, will work for all printers. Just make sure bed is leveled and put in PLA color of your choice and you'll get a clean print in no time. I'll share my prints later today but i can tell you right now they look amazing! If using other material (like TPU for tires) other than PLA, then don't forget to manually overide your speed/temp settings (225nozzle/85bed temp for TPU, by default gcode sets PLA to 215/60).

Everyone else, consider picking up one of these "Landy" kits to help me pay back the machines for cup holders (big ABS)\; for $20 delivered (discounts available for more/will pass shipping savings along). If you want to tag it to your cup holder, each kit (fully colored and comes with assembly instructions) will be $15.

- Sharpe

Last edited:
@pvchaitanya Current prints (will finish today) has thinner walls / i need to check fitment after done. Not sure if i'll have one ill be happy to send off with you when you stop by the house, but i will at least have a LC 1/16 scale kit ready and a turtle for you! No charge for this "test print" kit and the LC turtle is from @mceagle555.

1649500086209.png

Lastly, before i go live and get started, All personalized cupholders will come after we finalize first version of cup holder. Once the template is set, i'll be able to get things done much more effectively and efficiently. Thank you everyone for your patience and interest, much love.

- Sharpe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom