SOLD 1997 HDJ80 LHD 1HDT / H151 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
green
SALE PENDING

I am selling my 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ80 . This is the diesel version with the 1HDT turbo diesel engine and the bulletproof H151 manual transmission. It also has a cloth interior, dual ac system , dual fuel tanks , refrigerator between the front seats and it it is part time 4wd . It has 35" tires on it and has a full Dobinson suspension lift on it including caster correction plates and adjustable panhards front and rear . It is 25 years old so there are some minor scratches and dings and dents as should be expected on a 25 year young cruiser. I bought this one from a expat in central America and shipped it here and have a TX title in my name for it.

It has around 190 k miles on it , timing belt has been replaced recently and also has a new battery. It had a automatic trans original but it was swapped to the H151 . Few minor things that need attention like the speedo that is inop (I installed a GPS speedo in miles that is accurate) and the rear tank sometimes does not want to switch on. Overall in very decent condition and runs and drives very good . I might bring it with me to the Lone Star Cruiser Roundup in 2 weeks as my HZJ73 crawler is in bits and pieces in my shop still.

32500$

1997 hdj80 Panama.jpg1.jpg
1997 hdj80 Panama.jpg
1997 hdj80 Panama.jpg20.jpg
1997 hdj80 Panama.jpg4.jpg

Last edited:
ooh, nice! Seems like there are a lot of RHD 1HDT's imported to N.America that are low-priced-bargains... but as an Aussie that struggles to drive on the "other" side of the road at the best of times in Seattle, I need one of these LHD stick-shift leprachauns.

Any chance you're interested in a trade?... this is the kind of beast I'd trade my 1981 FJ40 stick-shift for, or actually consider selling (gasp... TheBeater can't believe I just said that).

What does "part time 4wd" mean?... I don't see diff-locks on the front hubs, and the green "H4" sticker is where the center diff-lock switch is normally located. Can you PM me with more pics, info, please?

ooh, nice! Seems like there are a lot of RHD 1HDT's imported to N.America that are low-priced-bargains... but as an Aussie that struggles to drive on the "other" side of the road at the best of times in Seattle, I need one of these LHD stick-shift leprachauns.

Any chance you're interested in a trade?... this is the kind of beast I'd trade my 1981 FJ40 stick-shift for, or actually consider selling (gasp... TheBeater can't believe I just said that).

What does "part time 4wd" mean?... I don't see diff-locks on the front hubs, and the green "H4" sticker is where the center diff-lock switch is normally located. Can you PM me with more pics, info, please?
Not interested in trades unfortunately , the freewheels on the front axle where usually an option . I have had several part time 4wd cruisers in the past that came with drive flanges .

I will send you my phone number if you want more info.

Nice one! Man, I'm usually johnny on the spot for stuff like this but hadn't peeled at the forum for apparently too long!
Super excited! This is the pinnacle 80 for me…diesel, manual, part time, funky cloth, no sun roof, dual air and super clean…plus being sold by Joe!

A quick public thank you to Joe…

First he’s a class act when it comes to logistics on a (out of state) sale. Diligent, available and accommodating throughout the process.

Second he brings really unique cruisers to us as a community. This 80 is flawless (it’s 25 years old!).…drove 13 hours home with zero issues (well one that’s between him and I based completely on my ignorance).

if you’re a buyer looking for something unique; you should follow Joe and wait until he posts something for sale!

Thank you!

Last edited:

First he’s a class act when it comes to logistics on a (out of state) sale. Diligent, available and accommodating throughout the process.

Second he brings really unique cruisers to us as a community. This 80 is flawless (it’s 25 years old!).…drove 13 hours home with zero issues (well one that’s between him and I based completely on my ignorance).

if you’re a buyer looking for something unique; you should follow Joe and wait until he posts something for sale!

Thank you!
I agree 100%! I've personally bought 3 cruisers from Joe and he's always been upfront and very easy to work with. If I wouldn't have just invested in a new home this 80 would have stayed in Texas! Congrats! :beer:

Thank you!

I agree 100%! I've personally bought 3 cruisers from Joe and he's always been upfront and very easy to work with. If I wouldn't have just invested in a new home this 80 would have stayed in Texas! Congrats! :beer:

Thanks for the good info guys.

Congratulations on the sale Joe.

Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words Brett and I am very happy you like it and I hope it will be a good addition for your family for future adventures .

Edited.

Last edited:
Price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom