100 Series Cupholders, Dome Lights, RAM Mounts & More - Cruiser Design & Manufacturing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to see a couple things:
  • multiswitch panel (lights, laser beams, etc) to replace the homelink garage door buttons on the headliner/ in the overhead console
  • Buttons for the HVAC- I've got a couple that are broken and/or have been worn down where the backlight shines in spots it's not meant to. Don't know how possible a button insert or multi-colored part would be on a 3d printer...

Any way you would consider printing an entire radio trim bezel that would include your double din gap modification? I have a small dry rot issue with some plastic parts on my neglected LX as well when I attempted a radio and amp bypass installation. Haha

View attachment 2972714

Little Krazy glue and some patience could mend that up

• multiswitch panel (lights, laser beams, etc) to replace the homelink garage door buttons on the headliner/ in the overhead console
  • Buttons for the HVAC- I've got a couple that are broken and/or have been worn down where the backlight shines in spots it's not meant to. Don't know how possible a button insert or multi-colored part would be on a 3d printer...
That homelink panel from the earlier models like mine is definitely something to think about. I did fab up a switch mount for up there but it was too high for my liking and I felt like I had to take my eyes off the road for too long.

I think you're on to something with the HVAC controls, mine are a total PITA to activate and some you have to long press very hard to get to do anything. I'll crack open my unit and see if replacing the switch with a printed part could help/how the plastic buttons would mount.

Little Krazy glue and some patience could mend that up
I love your optimism, Mike. 🤣 Patience. I have a new dash coming since the entire thing is sun-damaged and dry rotted. I am certainly going to invent some new curse words during the installation process. I was going to leave it stock but I have this nagging little feeling this is when the iPad and Ham and fiberglass nightmare might begin. Not sure the route at this moment but given that along with that above awesome event the off button and fan speed buttons have decided to give up the ghost as well. Might be time to rethink the entire game plan. Maybe Will @CruiserDM would like to 3D print me all kinds of craziness and we have a weird Hunter S. Thompson type time in Vegas for SEMA making him a rich man when they see his awesome work and my ridiculous dash.

Front center caps for Method 701s please!

I need a way to mount a pop-socket phone mount. The vent mounts work great on some cars but on a lc they fold down too easy.

Builds - Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/benjamins-3d-prints-build.1171700/page-21#post-12753227
Front center caps for Method 701s please!
Are these the same?

I thought I read a while back that Ben was stepping away from this for a bit for family reasons- new baby or something? If not, yeah- that's pretty much the ticket.

I really do think the HVAC button thing could be worthwhile, though- I'd considered buying and playing at hobbyist level with a 3D printer, but if someone wants to mess with it for me... 😅

This is actually a fantastic idea. I will take some measurements this week and see if I can't work up a prototype.
+1 for this!!!

Also, any way to do a 12v outlet for the emp spot left of the steering wheel/right of the motor controls, where the night vision would go? (Not my photo, found it on the internet)

B2C956E6-DC6C-4FE6-A45E-61A7BF439BB8.jpeg

I believe that particular switch panel only mates to the larger sunglass holder overhead consoles, the mini home link panel has a much smaller cavity.

I know Ben definitely made a scangauge mount for the home link console but not sure about a switch panel. Not to mention I don’t think he’s taking orders at the moment due to some very unfortunate circumstances.

Post in thread 'Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build'
Builds - Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/benjamins-3d-prints-build.1171700/post-14329158

+1 for this!!!

Also, any way to do a 12v outlet for the emp spot left of the steering wheel/right of the motor controls, where the night vision would go? (Not my photo, found it on the internet)

View attachment 2973330
I’m not sure if there are 12V barrel ports available on the market, but I will say there are definitely 12V USB ports available to fit that standard toyota switch size. Check this out for example

Amazon product ASIN B07QH653SQ
Be aware there is a “tall” and a “short” toyota switch size that is common to most of their models though. I have old “tall” switches from a 2020 Tacoma I had that fit my 98 LX470

If you mean the square night vision controls then I’m sure I could fab something up.

I’m not sure if there are 12V barrel ports available on the market, but I will say there are definitely 12V USB ports available to fit that standard toyota switch size. Check this out for example

Amazon product ASIN B07QH653SQ
Be aware there is a “tall” and a “short” toyota switch size that is common to most of their models though. I have old “tall” switches from a 2020 Tacoma I had that fit my 98 LX470

If you mean the square night vision controls then I’m sure I could fab something up.
I have a blank plate there, but I just don’t trust it to hold up to the stresses of 12v chargers/cords being plugged in and pulled out. I’d like a beefier one with moldings to fit a specific 12 socket( maybe included). I’d pay the price for one that was well done.

I want the opposite of 3rd row vent deletes. I want something to clip on to the vent and turn the air toward the second row. Extra cooling for a dog in the back seat during the summer.

Ooo, I like this. I want that too.

This is actually a fantastic idea. I will take some measurements this week and see if I can't work up a prototype.

I have been asking about this idea for years of the other guys doing 3dp and metal fabbing, but no dice yet. If you can manage it, I'll be thrilled.

Most definitely. I think I speak for a lot of folks when I said I would rather support a fellow Mud member than some lunatic selling a master bezel on eBay for $300. Bring on the new toys, Will. Thanks for doing this.
WYA, shawty?

I have been asking about this idea for years of the other guys doing 3dp and metal fabbing, but no dice yet. If you can manage it, I'll be thrilled.

WYA, shawty?
Sandy Springs/Buckhead @MongooseGA

So an interesting idea I just came upon in the 80 section was ABS door panels. Are these feasable on the 100 platform, let alone the complexity of desigining/producing them? A lot of the panels I've seen on a good amount of trucks are worn or beat to hell. ABS seems to be a much more durable material, especially for an overland rig.

I'll be ordering all 4 window switch panels when they're available. Been wanting to replace for a long time but OEM is big bucks.
That means a ton! Seriously!

I believe I’m on the next-to-last revision of the driver side switch panel for the 1998-2002 LX/LC’s (replaces 84820-60010). Just a few issues that I’m still sorting out, check out the latest pics below

F9741200-D197-4E01-847F-AF2DDE5E1EC3.jpeg
9A5245BE-ACC4-4744-A3B1-19EA17DAB0AB.jpeg
FEB9E363-D859-4F6A-BA9E-F69CB74D9888.jpeg

• Snap-Fit Tabs are a bit too flimsy, need to beef them up a little as you can see one broken on the first pic
  • Need to add beauty fillet's/curves to the edges to match OEM
  • Window-lock button not centered in it's slot
  • Could be just a tad tighter in the door
  • Changing texture from smooth to slightly textured (think smooth powder coat texture)
Otherwise I'm hoping to re-print tonight to finalize and have (pre-)orders live tomorrow evening. I have a backlog currently of just under 2 weeks so these would start shipping out then.

03-07 Master Door Switch (replaces 74232-60321) will go live tomorrow evening too and I'll just iron out the slight fitment change between the two over the weekend (Bought a later model master switch off of amazon to take measurements)

Passenger side panels for both appear to be identical.

Cannot. Freaking. Wait! Nice work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom