Will flash for food. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bumping this as well.
We made a cash and clean donation (packets of hygiene items) that our shelter can hand out.
The food bank asked me if I had any extra veggies right now since last time I gave them multiple bags from our garden. Ummm, its not growing season people.

Thanks again Mauser.

I have been searching for a recent key thread with @Mauser in it. I think I need your help! I am pretty sure I need the flash and this is an awesome way to pay things forward! I bought my truck in February 2019 and it had one key. (Pictured here). It unlocks the driver door and starts the truck but does not lock the glove box and the vehicle alarm sounds if I unlock the passenger door with the key. Through my research, reading a few threads in this forum and talking to a straightforward locksmith I think the flash is in my future. I cannot stand the thought of the truck sitting for days and not driving it but I need more than one key. I have been fortunate not to lock myself out...much less lose the key. No need to continue living on the edge!
1645993691791.png

I cannot stand the thought of the truck sitting for days and not driving it but I need more than one key.

You could always try to find an inexpensive ECU, through a salvage yard (or eBay), to have reset, and then your vehicle doesn’t have to sit…

Something like this maybe?

You could always try to find an inexpensive ECU, through a salvage yard (or eBay), to have reset, and then your vehicle doesn’t have to sit…

Man that is an awesome idea! Thank you. I read that suggestion somewhere else in my research.

I have been searching for a recent key thread with @Mauser in it. I think I need your help! I am pretty sure I need the flash and this is an awesome way to pay things forward! I bought my truck in February 2019 and it had one key. (Pictured here). It unlocks the driver door and starts the truck but does not lock the glove box and the vehicle alarm sounds if I unlock the passenger door with the key. Through my research, reading a few threads in this forum and talking to a straightforward locksmith I think the flash is in my future. I cannot stand the thought of the truck sitting for days and not driving it but I need more than one key. I have been fortunate not to lock myself out...much less lose the key. No need to continue living on the edge!
View attachment 2938528

Check your key with the security light to see for sure if it is a master or not.

I can help.

Sadly, it seems that is the way people will have to do it anymore if they don't want their trucks down.

It doesn't look like I will be doing swaps anymore. Out of 7 computers, I now have none left. Even the spare I had for my truck hasn't been returned.

Almost makes me want to quit altogether.

Sadly, it seems that is the way people will have to do it anymore if they don't want their trucks down.

It doesn't look like I will be doing swaps anymore. Out of 7 computers, I now have none left. Even the spare I had for my truck hasn't been returned.

People just not returning the swaps? That’s garbage man.

That sucks, I thought Land Cruiser folks were better than that 👀

The service you are providing is saving folks serious $$$$. It was real easy to drop the ECU in a flat rate box and send it back to you! In the very least, I hope my old ECU went to a good home...

As helpful as you have been to the community on this issue, it really is a shame (whether through malice or laziness) that your kindness has been taken advantage of.

Let no good deed go unpunished! So uncool.

That effin sucks that people are not returning the ECUs. There are A LOT of selfish people out here these days but it's all good my friend. People who behave that way will get their karmic comeuppance. I have some other, more pressing $$ issues to address right now but I may reach out in the next month or two to see if you are still, hopefully, providing this service.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Have a great day.

That sucks, I thought Land Cruiser folks were better than that 👀

They really are, that's the reason I keep doing this. Really can't tell you how much has been donated in the last couple of years, but Land Cruiser folks are very generous.

Last edited:
That effin sucks that people are not returning the ECUs. There are A LOT of selfish people out here these days but it's all good my friend. People who behave that way will get their karmic comeuppance. I have some other, more pressing $$ issues to address right now but I may reach out in the next month or two to see if you are still, hopefully, providing this service.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Have a great day.

If you are able to remove and resolder a small surface mounted eeprom on the ecu I would be happy to send you a free pre programmed eeprom.

If you are able to remove and resolder a small surface mounted eeprom on the ecu I would be happy to send you a free pre programmed eeprom.
Awesome! I have a couple of buddies who know how to solder. I will talk to them and get back to you!

Wouldn't you know it. I found out about @Mauser 's services right after ordering an ECM and Key from an online source. I will either see about returning this one, or will send my old core to @Mauser .

Out of curiosity, does the re-flash of the ECU also reset the remote FOBs? I have an odd situation in my 2002 LX470. At some point the PO needed to replace the ignition cylinder and the Toyota dealer did so, but instead of having the ignition cylinder keyed to match the original key code, they just installed it. So now I have one key that functions in the ignition, and one for the doors, rear hatch, and glove box. I do, however, have two functioning remote FOBs and I'd like to keep it that way...

If I sent the ECU for a re-flash, would I lose the remote FOBs as part of that process?

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, does the re-flash of the ECU also reset the remote FOBs? I have an odd situation in my 2002 LX470. At some point the PO needed to replace the ignition cylinder and the Toyota dealer did so, but instead of having the ignition cylinder keyed to match the original key code, they just installed it. So now I have one key that functions in the ignition, and one for the doors, rear hatch, and glove box. I do, however, have two functioning remote FOBs and I'd like to keep it that way...

If I sent the ECU for a re-flash, would I lose the remote FOBs as part of that process?

Thanks!

It’s been a while since I did this to my 99 LX, but from what I remember…

Replacing/reflashing the ECU made the vehicle forget about the RFID chips in the keys (which tells the immobilizer which keys are authorized to start the vehicle).

I’m pretty sure that it didn’t affect (or forget) the remote lock/unlock/panic function on the keys with that function.

(The RFID chip is inside the same plastic housing as the buttons/battery. On some of my keys the “chip” is readily accessible/removable/replaceable/transferable, on others it is not)

Like all good things this too must end.

I wish I could afford to keep this up, but because I am terrible at business it is costing me way too much money. I no longer have any ecus to swap because mine haven't been returned.

In the last couple of years you guys have donated thousands and thousands of dollars to help feed our fellow countrymen and to help our military vets. THANK YOU! To everyone for their donations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom