Part Seldom Seen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@locklaw does your ‘64 have a generator and an idiot CHG light? If so, that regulator is a fair bit o’ hens teeth there.
No, it has the OE generator and an ammeter. It's an Australian destination vehicle.

Does the 2B code stamped on the cover plate translate to a February'62 manufacturing date?

Still PLA, but getting there...
20220401_211829.jpg

20220401_211916.jpg

My TPU (rubber-ish) should be dry enough to try it out... will have pics in the morning. I know it will require a little post print processing, but hope to be close.

I think I'd rather build wiring harnesses... lol

Anyone know where to get these seldom seen black rubber hinge protectors? Yes, I also posted a wanted ad. They may have been in the archives of this thread. I am not content with the newer plastic ones. Looking for 4 of them...I know I could probably make something similar out of rubber but I'm a sucker for OEM parts.
I would also like to know the part number if anyone has it :)

Rubber Door Hinge Protector.jpg

Anyone know where to get these seldom seen black rubber hinge protectors? Yes, I also posted a wanted ad. They may have been in the archives of this thread. I am not content with the newer plastic ones. Looking for 4 of them...I know I could probably make something similar out of rubber but I'm a sucker for OEM parts.
I would also like to know the part number if anyone has it :)

View attachment 2971500
Back Door Hinge Retainer: 68959-90300 (4/72 - 7/78) - > NLA

See this thread - > click here <-

Was sent out of state for work over the weekend... got back this morning and this is where I'm at. I believe I can find a lighter shade of TPU, this is just what I had laying around. I'll print a couple on the higher resolution resin printer, but they won't be flexible...
20220405_192847.jpg

They all look good to me !!!!! 👍 Very nice work
Thanks! I have some ideas to get it to the right look, but will play with it.
With the FDM printer, I can only get a resolution of about 0.1mm so you can really see the print layer lines .. with the MSLA (resin), I can go half of that.... 0.05mm. I should have a product in about 2.5 hours...

Thanks! I have some ideas to get it to the right look, but will play with it.
With the FDM printer, I can only get a resolution of about 0.1mm so you can really see the print layer lines .. with the MSLA (resin), I can go half of that.... 0.05mm. I should have a product in about 2.5 hours...
Does your printer offer a flexible resin option?

Another option would be to just cast them, especially if you have a good master to mold.

Does your printer offer a flexible resin option?

Another option would be to just cast them, especially if you have a good master to mold.
Making a master positive and casting has been looking good. The flexible resins are only darker colors that I can find. My printer can utilize any resin with a cure wavelength of 405nm.

I'm still looking though. Resin kinda stinks, even the water washable kind. I stick the printer in the bathroom with the fart-fan on... :cool:

Uhhh, might be cost prohibitive to try to print... 2 Big Head Benjamins for a 1L bottle... I could make about 30 of them with 1L

:

Elastic 50A Resin 1 L​

RS-F2-ELCL-01
$199.00

Flexible 80A Resin 1 L​

RS-F2-FL80-01
$199.00

Here's the resin printed one. I can actually see the limitations of the design software... lol: it will only allow 64 segments on a circular object...

20220405_222727.jpg

Here is the closeup between resin (on the left) and FDM printing (on the right)
20220406_152806.jpg

3AA1ED2E-595D-48C8-BDD0-003E787187F6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom