Air Bags Inside OME Coils (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just installed AirLift 60755 ... I run a 2.5 to 3" lift and the bags fit perfectly. I measured inside height and coil width and confirmed with airlift that the kit was correct.

Everything fit as planned and filled the coils.

John

Just installed AirLift 60755 ... I run a 2.5 to 3" lift and the bags fit perfectly. I measured inside height and coil width and confirmed with airlift that the kit was correct.

John
Do you have this setup on front and rear?

Do you have this setup on front and rear?

Only the rear. Ive seen some 80 Series with the fronts as well, but I did not need it with my current as my front weight distribution is set.

John
The airlift site says to run 60728 are the 60755 your running a lifted variant? I'm running a full Robinson 3-in lift with Delta Vehicle Systems components.

Thanks

I did quite a bit of research on here before buying my bags, I have a 6" lift. I went with 60927 due to my 5.5" inner spring diameter, these are 11.5" tall. But I'm currently installing a 9.5" tall version (60925) instead. I didn't plan on the bow in the springs caused by my DC rear driveshaft/pinion alignment requiring the thru-hole so off centered for the hose, it wasn't cut open to the rear enough and this caused the air line to cut and then the bag could walk around in the springs and made a mess of the hose.

I've read you don't need full bag height to get the effect so I'm trying the shorter version instead which should make the bow in the springs not such an issue. Too tall is a problem with this from my understanding.

John

These are the same exact bags a friend of mine runs. I have just ordered the same for myself, Amazon for $125 cad shipped. Will see how they help my porky fat lady this summer with the RTT and kitchen in :)

Hmmm...I've always run the 60728 with the same OME lift. Have been for years and years with no issues.

Are most of the kits coming with the thin plastic puck that’s supposed to protect the bag?

6805AED9-6580-4B42-9B51-CE5BAF07E46C.jpeg

I couldn't use my pucks due to the aforementioned bow in my springs which made my nipple un-centered in the seat.

My AirLift brand had no puck.

No issues in 7 years.
Hell yeah, I scored a coil rite setup on Amazon for $47. Looked complete. The instructions didn’t mention a puck, but the picture showed one. After building my drawers semi light weight. I filled them up with junk and can feel the weight. Hopefully the bags work out. Capped the top face with aluminum angle after the picture.

E8E17EDB-7406-4D5F-81DB-42E867D8C3F5.png

Off topic…do not directly use a high pressure washer on your bags when cleaning underside. At least not with the fine nozzle.

Bumping this one as I am about to install. Any tips or perhaps pics of the installation process? I will be installing in a 97 LX with OME 862 springs. Also looking for ideas about where to run the airlines. This is my first thread to rad through on the subject so, I will likely find what I am looking for shortly.

Thanks Mud!

Bumping this one as I am about to install. Any tips or perhaps pics of the installation process? I will be installing in a 97 LX with OME 862 springs. Also looking for ideas about where to run the airlines. This is my first thread to rad through on the subject so, I will likely find what I am looking for shortly.

Thanks Mud!
Only advice on running air lines is to make sure that under full compression of the suspension on the right side, the air lines are not too close to the exhaust. I melted mine on the first go-round (I hitched a trailer with a heavy tongue before I aired up the bags).

Last edited:
That's definitely good advice. I'm pretty sure I ran both of mine to the left (US passenger side) to avoid the exhaust issue entirely (I also have an aftermarket 3" on a diesel not routed in the normal location). I followed the rear locker wire harness/brake lines to the center of the axle and went from there. This, of course, required additional line. The Schrader nipple fittings they give you with that kit are crap, I went with push-to-connect Viair instead (VIAIR 11490 fittings).

Mine leaked the first time I did it, so I redid it and now it leaks a lot less.

I have a 6" lift with a DC shaft in the rear. This requires that the pinion angle be up quite a bit which puts a bow in the springs. This required me to get a shorter-than-recommended bag set, and also a much larger hole in the spring perch to avoid rubbing/dislodging the hose-to-nipple connection on the bag. I would recommend making that hole much larger than you think you need because it's a PITA to make it bigger later and it doesn't really affect anything if it's slightly larger than necessary. A plasma cutter makes this very quick and easy.

I think I pulled bolts on my rear UCA to allow the axle to drop enough to remove the springs, but now I've learned that this isn't necessary to remove the springs on my rig. Just put it up on the lift enough to let the rear axle hit full droop and wiggle the springs and they'll pop off.

One of the best, cheapest upgrades I've done. I routinely haul a 4k lb custom-made camp trailer and this really makes it safer and less stressful. Speaking of safety, I believe you should adjust your LPSV for your rear brakes as the airbags will no longer make that thing proportion front/rear brake force according to load as intended.

Speaking of safety, I believe you should adjust your LPSV for your rear brakes as the airbags will no longer make that thing proportion front/rear brake force according to load as intended.
Goo call on the LSPV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom