For Sale 1975 FJ40 / 1960 FJ25 CUSTOM $47K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 255, 30)
After 43 years of owning this '75 FJ40 I am putting it up for sale. I bought it when it was only 4 years old and it has always been a California vehicle. It was my daily driver for 25 years and I recently finished it's 3rd restoration in 2018. It has been garaged since then and I am only selling it because I have two other Land Cruisers, only drive it on the weekends, and I'm moving across country into a home with a two car garage. I started switching over FJ25 body parts in the 90s and although this vehicle is heavily modified, I have always tried to maintain a "factory type look". Here's what it's got:

- Fresh 350 Crate motor (less than 500 miles on it).
- New 4 core radiator, 6 blade mechanical fan and custom shroud (no over-heating issues 210-215).
- Advance Adapters bellhousing/kit to stock Toyota 4 speed manual transmission (rebuilt in '95, low miles since then).
- 1975 FJ40 body parts : Tub, front fenders, custom '75 1/2 doors (also comes with unrestored '75 full doors and new aftermarket interior door panels), factory tailgate.
- 1960 FJ25 body parts : hood & emblem, aprons, windshield frame, side steps, rear and side view mirrors, spare tire carrier, tail light mounts, faux FJ25 bib.
- Custom dash with VDO gauges, center console, neoprene diamond plate flooring, cargo bars around tub.
- Custom made Galpin Auto Sports full bikini top/aftermarket roll bar.
- New Specter Off Road upholstery and foam (high density foam on driver seat).
- 5 new 33 x 10.5 / 15 Toyo M/Ts on 5 new Vintique Smoothie wheels.
- Downey Off Road 4" suspension lift.
- Con-Ferr 25 Gal. auxiliary gas tank.
- Con-Ferr front tool box.
- Modified rear bumper/tail lights.
- New 3 point seat belts.
- Also comes with Con-Ferr rear bench seat.

As of this post the speedometer is not working. and the wiper motors need to be wired.
There is no stereo or heater.

Here's a link to my 2017 resto. FJ40 Resto... Again - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj40-resto-again.996747/

FJ4025 1.jpg
FJ4025 2.jpg
FJ4025 3.jpg
FJ4025 4.jpg
FJ4025 5.jpg
FJ4025 6.jpg
FJ4025 7.jpg
FJ4025 9.jpg

FJ4025.jpg

I just designed it myself and made a pattern with some bed sheets I bought from Target. I took it to Galpin, put the bed sheet top on for them so they got the idea of what I wanted and they went to town. Way better quality than I was expecting. Pricy but worth it.

Freaking love it!! Would buy in a heartbeat if I had the funds/room for another.

That is a really nice build. Well done. Can you share where you got the grills for the intake hoses?

That is a really nice build. Well done. Can you share where you got the grills for the intake hoses?
If you mean the air intake screens in the aprons I got it off a 1960 FJ25. They came stock on the driverside apron. I got the other from Marv Spector and added it to the opposite side.

If you mean the air intake screens in the aprons I got it off a 1960 FJ25. They came stock on the driverside apron. I got the other from Marv Spector and added it to the opposite side.
Yes, and thats brilliant. I’m not versed on the 25’s. Headed to to get a few now! Thanks.

Very cool 😎. I’ll bet you wish you had a nickel for every time someone walked up to you in a parking lot and asked, “ What is THAT?” How many inquiries to buy have you had from Somali war lords? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom