Downgrading from 18” to 16” rims? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brandon Ryder, would you mind posting a pic. of your 18" on 35" tire? Also what type of spacers and offset you have on them? I have factory 18's and am considering going 16" when treads wear out. Does 275/70/18 need spacers with 2" lift?

Brandon Ryder, would you mind posting a pic. of your 18" on 35" tire? Also what type of spacers and offset you have on them? I have factory 18's and am considering going 16" when treads wear out. Does 275/70/18 need spacers with 2" lift?

275/70/18 needs nothing at all. Install and drive.

Spacers on a 100 generally make fitment worse. You make contact at the fender liner pinch weld area and the fender arch at full tuck more likely.

The lift doesn't help either.

For a 100, tire fitment is firstly about the pinch weld area behind the front tire. Spacers are not needed for fitment unless you're running a really wide tire that might hit the upper control arm (a 275 is factory width, hence no spacer needed).

In many other models, big tires need spacers and a lift. Not on the 100.

In a 100, spacers are run for really wide tires (305/315) or for looks. Not for fitment of the common upsized tires you see on most people's 100's on here.

Reactions: GTV
Thanks for the clarification. I think that's why my 100 had a bit of rub when steering is turned all the way with the 285 before the lift. It is no longer rubbing, but I would like thicker side wall so I will either go 70 or need to go to a 16 for the 75.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom