HAM - info - callsign list - radio discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A good hands on learning experience offered from the Gallatin Ham Radio Club on March 5th. And a great opportunity to meet HAM gurus. Got this in my email.

The Gallatin Ham Radio Club will be hosting a mini QSO party after the test on Saturday March 5th. This event will be at the Search and Rescue Building at 219 E. Tamarack St. Bozeman Mt. If you are a new Ham and want to get on the air, this will be a great opportunity to try your hand at calling CQ on a 100 watt rig and multi band antenna! We will have some Elmers hanging out throughout the day to help guide and answer any questions you may have. This opportunity is not only for the test takers during that day but any local Ham, new or experienced, that may have never had a chance to try their hand at DX on a high powered machine. To make sure we don't get too crowded please email ...... to RSVP with your name, callsign, and the time you can make it to the Search and Rescue building that Saturday.
Please note that ANYONE can attend - you do not have to have your license to attend and join in the fun. Testing should conclude around 10:30 AM. Look forward to seeing you there at the Emergency Management Building.

I've excluded contact info for Matt who is organizing. PM me for his email, or you can contact GHRC directly, or Lax, or just show

im thinking about going just to see if my ham actually still works, been having transmit problems

im thinking about going just to see if my ham actually still works, been having transmit problems
Somebody there can absolutely help you.

Somebody there can absolutely help you.
Im thinking that i shouldnt be having any problems. havent really had a chance to test it but it was working fine until my direct ground was no longer a direct ground to the terminal. now it is again.

Same thing here in Billings. I am testing Saturday and then there is a new Ham Radio get together the following week. The "club" here is pretty active. Still not sure about the test. I am only testing 75% on the practice tests after a week. Ionespheric what???

Passed my Ham test! We'll see what my call sign is in a few weeks. Probably KK7ASS (joking).

Newest Ham...

KK7ERE
Now write it on a piece of tape and stick on your dash or on your radio. I used to keep a dry erase marker in my kit to write call signs and the 9-line medevac format on the inside of the windshield in front of the co-driver. It really makes comms smoother when you don't forget your call sign.

Heading to "New Ham Night" tonight at Yellowstone Amateur Radio Club. Looking forward to meeting some Ham's in Billings.

Great Thread!

Name: Mitch
Rig: '82 Beige FJ40
Call Sign: KK7BHF
Radio: Baofeng BF-F8HP (HAM Handheld)
Antenna: nothing yet, just the handheld antenna pointed out the window ;). Hope to have external antenna by summer.
CB: fixing up the old Toyota CB40M for near future install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom