35x10.5x17 Kenda Klever R/T (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone know the difference between these two Kendas?

F0DC6609-B3CA-4AE3-BB41-CF55EF728705.jpeg

Same tire, just different sellers on Walmart.com. Kenda RT has one tire option in 35x10.5r17
Thx for the feedback! There’s a price difference in the two. Damn it so tempting to try these tires. My current Toyo AT3 only has 9k miles on.

I
By the way are you still liking the tires? What’s mileage on urs?
I really like the Klever RTs, I have them in LT275/70R18....If it wasn't for the KDSS getting in the way I'd upsize to the 35s in a heartbeat. I have around 15-20k on them and do regular 5k (5 tire) rotations and 6 month wheel alignments. Wear has been perfect and havent needed to be rebalanced. Still look brand new and are just a tad louder on the freeway after some miles but nothing thats overly noticeable for an AT/RT tire. They are super strong and durable. No issues in rock gardens the sidewalls are stout.

CB2DD6F0-E17D-40E1-B766-8B1F748665DD.jpeg

I

I really like the Klever RTs, I have them in LT275/70R18....If it wasn't for the KDSS getting in the way I'd upsize to the 35s in a heartbeat. I have around 15-20k on them and do regular 5k (5 tire) rotations and 6 month wheel alignments. Wear has been perfect and havent needed to be rebalanced. Still look brand new and are just a tad louder on the freeway after some miles but nothing thats overly noticeable for an AT/RT tire. They are super strong and durable. No issues in rock gardens the sidewalls are stout.

View attachment 2965860
Looking good! Keep hearing good reviews with the tires.

Forgot about this thread. I put on the 35x10.5x17 RTs around Christmas. Working good. I like them a lot.

I

View attachment 2965860

Do you know what the tread depth wear is on these? I've heard they wear really quick, but would like as many reviews as possible.
Vacillating between the Yokohama MT G003 285x75r17 vs this Klever. I love the Yokohamas, they ride great and have been wearing good.

285/75r17 = 34.1 according to Yokohama
35/10.50r17 - 34.7 according to Kenda. (I see real world measurements of 33 7/8 ~ 34")

Do you know what the tread depth wear is on these? I've heard they wear really quick, but would like as many reviews as possible.
Vacillating between the Yokohama MT G003 285x75r17 vs this Klever. I love the Yokohamas, they ride great and have been wearing good.

35/10.50r17 - 34.7 according to Kenda. (I see real world measurements of 33 7/8 ~ 34")
Mine weighted (6k lb) at 35 psi are a smidge over 34". The sidewall is appropriately rounded. Inflated, unweighted diameter is up around 34.5". I didn't spend a bunch of time on the measurement . . . maybe I should do it again. They are smaller than my 35.3" 275/80r18, but not by a lot.

I haven't seen any treadwear in 1k, but I wouldn't expect too.

I’ll have to scrounge up a tire gauge to see how much I’ve lost over the last 15-20k. Doing 5 tire rotations I honestly can’t see anything to the naked eye. I’d be shocked if I get less then 40k out of them.
I imagine the 285/75r17 will measure between 33-33.25 in height when mounted.
It’s a little difficult to compare the Yoko G003s to kenda klever RT as one’s an aggressive AT tire and the other is a MT. I’d vote for the Yokos if your 200 primarily spends its time in the mud or dirt. If you see any wet weather, snow, and/or spend time on the highway then the Kendas with be a much better option. I keep getting that itch to switch to those G003s but since my 200 sees significant highway driving to get to off-road trails the Kendas strike the perfect balance.

Mine weighted (6k lb) at 35 psi are a smidge over 34". The sidewall is appropriately rounded. Inflated, unweighted diameter is up around 34.5". I didn't spend a bunch of time on the measurement . . . maybe I should do it again. They are smaller than my 35.3" 275/80r18, but not by a lot.

I haven't seen any treadwear in 1k, but I wouldn't expect too.

Thats a good size. I like the narrow skinny.

I’ll have to scrounge up a tire gauge to see how much I’ve lost over the last 15-20k. Doing 5 tire rotations I honestly can’t see anything to the naked eye. I’d be shocked if I get less then 40k out of them.
I imagine the 285/75r17 will measure between 33-33.25 in height when mounted.
It’s a little difficult to compare the Yoko G003s to kenda klever RT as one’s an aggressive AT tire and the other is a MT. I’d vote for the Yokos if your 200 primarily spends its time in the mud or dirt. If you see any wet weather, snow, and/or spend time on the highway then the Kendas with be a much better option. I keep getting that itch to switch to those G003s but since my 200 sees significant highway driving to get to off-road trails the Kendas strike the perfect balance.

I don't have a 200, just a BJ74 at the moment. The Yokohama's have been excellent so far, I just wish they made a taller skinny tire in 17s. The 285's are the closest they have. I've been watching the Kenda reviews because I like the size, I really do need more of an aggressive A/T over an M/T, but I have been very pleasantly surprised with the Yokohama's manners. Way better than the MT/Rs and BFG/Trxus I've used in the past.

Seems like everyone is pretty happy with the Kenda's and lifespan so far.

another skinny option recently added to the market is the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT (an aggressive AT) in 255/85r17. But I'd still recommend the RT kendas.

Thats a good size. I like the narrow skinny.

I don't have a 200, just a BJ74 at the moment. The Yokohama's have been excellent so far, I just wish they made a taller skinny tire in 17s. The 285's are the closest they have. I've been watching the Kenda reviews because I like the size, I really do need more of an aggressive A/T over an M/T, but I have been very pleasantly surprised with the Yokohama's manners. Way better than the MT/Rs and BFG/Trxus I've used in the past.

Seems like everyone is pretty happy with the Kenda's and lifespan so far.
Very cool, nice rig. As @grinchy mentioned those Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT in 255/85r17 are another good option for a tall/skinny. It’s getting rave reviews and has an aggressive tread pattern. Only negative I have heard is that they run heavy for their size.
Good to hear more positive reviews of the G003s. Have to resist!

I should note that the spare is installed below the oem aux tank, which moves the spare tire cross member down about an inch.

Well, largely due to this thread and some enabling bu @grinchy ,I got mine mounted today. Overall, I love them. Skinnies make a lot of sense where I live (long, nasty winter) and I honestly dig the look of them.

Only rub is slight rub on KDSS bolt at full lock--something I'll need to address one way or another. I have some 1" spidertrax spacers in the garage I can deploy if need be. Wondering if flipping the bolt would cut it, seeing as it's oh so slight.

Anyhow, these rigs just look right on 35's and there's no difference in driving them.

20220330_172352.jpg

20220330_172339.jpg

20220330_172516.jpg

Well, largely due to this thread and some enabling bu @grinchy ,I got mine mounted today. Overall, I love them. Skinnies make a lot of sense where I live (long, nasty winter) and I honestly dig the look of them.

Only rub is slight rub on KDSS bolt at full lock--something I'll need to address one way or another. I have some 1" spidertrax spacers in the garage I can deploy if need be. Wondering if flipping the bolt would cut it, seeing as it's oh so slight.

Anyhow, these rigs just look right on 35's and there's no difference in driving them.

View attachment 2967081

View attachment 2967082

View attachment 2967083
Are you geared? If not how noticeable are they?

Are you geared? If not how noticeable are they?
Stock gearing and I don't notice a difference coming from 285 70 R17. I'll be doing some bigger drives in the next week and will keep this thread updated.

Stock gearing and I don't notice a difference coming from 285 70 R17. I'll be doing some bigger drives in the next week and will keep this thread updated.
8 speed has a wide gear range

Took the rig out in the snow and mud this morning for a bear hunt.

The Klevers are fantastic. The skinnyness helped reach traction and the tread was killer. Really happy with everything about these tires so far.
20220416_124225.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom