What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I BOUGHT MINE!!! 2005 LX470, 312,000 miles. Not sure what to call this seafoam green, but I like it.

28A9C84C-4FD6-45AA-965D-3E02156D4528.jpeg

CB9144EB-F684-45A4-99B3-54F1D76DCCB9.jpeg

Got alot of maintenance done. New valve cover seals, spark plug seals, all 8 denso coil packs. $43 each from home depot with my military discount. New plugs, DBA front and rear rotors and pads, and Cruiser outfitters front end kit, bearings, races, hub flanges, snap rings, Amsoil full synthetic grease. Currently has 289k on her. I also cut off the rear resonator and welded a straight pipe. I have DT headers and magnaflow muffler, sounds very good now.

Screenshot_20220329-074535_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-074613_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-074554_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-074438_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-074403_Gallery.jpg

Got alot of maintenance done. New valve cover seals, spark plug seals, all 8 denso coil packs. $43 each from home depot with my military discount. New plugs, DBA front and rear rotors and pads, and Cruiser outfitters front end kit, bearings, races, hub flanges, snap rings, Amsoil full synthetic grease. Currently has 289k on her. I also cut off the rear resonator and welded a straight pipe. I have DT headers and magnaflow muffler, sounds very good now.

View attachment 2965642Looks good and looks like you’re having too much fun. Hahah. Why DBA rotor and pads? I just have factory rotors and pads so wondering what the interest is in for DBA or changing them out? Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah it was lots of work but its my zen. I've been a master ASE monkey for a long time.

I did alot of research on metals and make up of rotors. I don't like power stop products. And I wanted more stopping power then oem. These DBA rotors are very well built and vented well. And have thermo paint markings to keep an eye on the heat transfer. It brakes very smooth and quickly stops this tank lol. I got the rotors from buybrakes.com and the pads were on autoanything. If you go to the DBA website it shows you all their product lines, history of the company etc.

Yeah it was lots of work but its my zen. I've been a master ASE monkey for a long time.

I did alot of research on metals and make up of rotors. I don't like power stop products. And I wanted more stopping power then oem. These DBA rotors are very well built and vented well. And have thermo paint markings to keep an eye on the heat transfer. It brakes very smooth and quickly stops this tank lol. I got the rotors from buybrakes.com and the pads were on autoanything. If you go to the DBA website it shows you all their product lines, history of the company etc.
Cheers. I’ll check it out!

Car parts came in from Sherwood, Oregon. Looks like the torsion bars didn’t make the trip, but will be here on Friday. Nothing crazy or fancy, just looking for a solid upgrade over the OEM suspension. At this price point, I think it’s a decent solution. Came at a discount for Ironman 4x4’s March promotion 25% off and free shipping, so I’ll take that small win. Hope everyone is having a great week.

Ironman 4x4’s Nitro Gas 2” stage 2 kit, which came with the diff drop bracket.

A93D3A4A-88AA-4282-9A5E-A451AD575DD7.jpeg

It’s definitely been a learning experience this past week. I’ve never dealt with pinion angles or installed rear control arms, even after 8 years as a dealer technician. But nonetheless here I am working with it and learning.
DE913A78-10E1-4E91-A4B8-C95755ACF660.jpeg

I’ve installed the @ironman4x4 upper control arms that are adjustable. This will be how I adjust my pinion angle. I measured it quickly this morning and I am roughly 4* difference between the output shaft flange and the pinion flange. I definitely have enough inward adjustment to achieve close to 0-1* difference. They also have factory style bonded rubber bushing to maintain the factory style ride that you lose with poly bushings.
FA35709B-D13B-41F7-8448-9DA32E351133.jpeg

On the lower control arms I’ve gone with @spc lower control arms the have both a factory style bonded rubber bushing that mounts at the rear axle but, also has a cross-axis joint for better flexibility that mounts at the frame.

I’m happy with both products. I’m confident they will withstand many more miles of abuse. The only thing left to replace in the rear is the panhard bar, as well as installing the DVSystems panhard relocation bracket.
13CF13F0-10A3-41C3-9A22-20270B89E421.jpeg
612F2E62-88CE-44F9-A5B8-C15A655E9DED.jpeg
8F4C9ADC-41CE-43C2-92C7-ECA6262044F6.jpeg

It’s definitely been a learning experience this past week. I’ve never dealt with pinion angles or installed rear control arms, even after 8 years as a dealer technician. But nonetheless here I am working with it and learning. View attachment 2966197

I’ve installed the @ironman4x4 upper control arms that are adjustable. This will be how I adjust my pinion angle. I measured it quickly this morning and I am roughly 4* difference between the output shaft flange and the pinion flange. I definitely have enough inward adjustment to achieve close to 0-1* difference. They also have factory style bonded rubber bushing to maintain the factory style ride that you lose with poly bushings.
View attachment 2966201
On the lower control arms I’ve gone with @spc lower control arms the have both a factory style bonded rubber bushing that mounts at the rear axle but, also has a cross-axis joint for better flexibility that mounts at the frame.

I’m happy with both products. I’m confident they will withstand many more miles of abuse. The only thing left to replace in the rear is the panhard bar, as well as installing the DVSystems panhard relocation bracket.View attachment 2966198View attachment 2966200View attachment 2966199

Nice work - I'm installing the same arms. If you researched it, what panhard bar do you think you'll use. I haven't got that far yet, but next up.

View attachment 2965637

View attachment 2965638

View attachment 2965641

View attachment 2965642

View attachment 2965643
Can you post a sound clip of the new exhaust setup?

Nice work - I'm installing the same arms. If you researched it, what panhard bar do you think you'll use. I haven't got that far yet, but next up.
From all that I’ve read, I’ll more than likely be using a new OEM panhard bar in conjunction with the Delta Vehicle Systems panhard relocation bracket. The bracket should recenter the axle as well as bring my panhard bar angle back to or close to zero. Using an OEM bar, I’ll be able to retain the factory bonded style bushings to help keep what’s left of a “factory” ride.

I am new to the 100 series. Coming from the 40 forum OCD Bettle has a really successful, fun thread where we post a pic of wheeling, a fix, a new part, etc. for our trucks.

It's neat to see the mix of projects, daily driving issues, weekend wheelin reports, etc.

I thought the 100 forum could use one...

I'll start...today I ordered an Iron Man 2 inch lift kit for my 99'.:clap:
I replaced the heater tees this week.. .

Ordered this Ironman front bumper on the 17th when they had their sale. Wasn't expecting it to ship until 4/15, Stoked to
Be able to install this weekend!

8C07E9B9-E9CD-41F0-BECA-0E6F7BA76B31.jpeg

Put on some gently used Toyo AT/II tires and did a okay but not great headlight polish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom