Skids (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

raincityrider

Go'n Fast and Take'n Chances Since the 70's
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for recommendations on Skid plates.

Anyone used the Slee LC200 LX570 skids?

I've had a couple of sets of Budbuilt skids and really like them. They're well thought out and nicely fabricated.

I've had a couple of sets of Budbuilt skids and really like them. They're well thought out and nicely fabricated.
Same, I've also had two sets, and they are great.

They make oil changes easy too, though you really need a Fumoto valve with hose nipple to avoid removing the plate.

Their "lite" steel is still burley stuff. Held up well with some rock strikes.

Question on the gas tank skid: now that the junkyards are being restricted on accepting stolen cat converters, the crack heads are now drilling gas tanks to steal the expensive gas. Do you think the BudBuilt tank skid would prevent this from happening? I already have the front and engine skids.

Question on the gas tank skid: now that the junkyards are being restricted on accepting stolen cat converters, the crack heads are now drilling gas tanks to steal the expensive gas. Do you think the BudBuilt tank skid would prevent this from happening? I already have the front and engine skids.
It might take a little longer to drill but I don't think it would be that much better than the factory skid.

It might take a little longer to drill but I don't think it would be that much better than the factory skid.
Factory has holes already, which seem pretty convenient for thieves.

Though I guess they'd likely go to the next truck or SUV that has no skid plate of any sort first..

It is better coverage than the stock tank, but you can still get at the plastic from the sides. I agree that it might be a deterrent. Lazy theives might move to the nearby vehicle that presents less hassle.

Things are getting kind of mad max out there, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom