Builds BJ 45 restoration Greece (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great work ! looks like it will be a real peach ( or banana ) when done ! Been there and done it. In case your not thinking of it grab some anti-sieze for the bolts going back in. How is the frame ? any cracks or metal fatigue ?

Great work ! looks like it will be a real peach ( or banana ) when done ! Been there and done it. In case your not thinking of it grab some anti-sieze for the bolts going back in. How is the frame ? any cracks or metal fatigue ?
Thanks! i will put some anti-sieze to the bolts for sure. The frame is in good condition except one spot with rust. In many surfaces still has its original paint. Take a look.
1646069124963.jpg
1646069124981.jpg
1646069124973.jpg

Awesome job so far! Was that a tow truck? I remember seeing red/yellow land cruiser tow trucks in Greece.

Awesome job so far! Was that a tow truck? I remember seeing red/yellow land cruiser tow trucks in Greece.
Thanks! Yes my friend. This was a tow truck. I'm lucky i found one of those because 40's were not imported in Greece.

Indeed: 40-Series LCs (as well as 50, 60, 70 and 80-Series) have never been impoprted officially (through the official Toyota network) into Greece...
Astonishing: their main Japanese competitor, the L60 Nissan/Datsun Patrol has been officially imported though...

This is in the early nineties that a few tow trucks from Denmark (mostly BJ45s) found their way into the country, so we got our babies...

Last edited:
I installed yesterday sound and thermal deadener on the floor. I had removed the old one because it was destroyed in many places. Usually i don't pay attention for something to be as original as it could, but this one, i wanted to look like original and i'm very satisfied with the result.

IMG_20220305_084133.jpg

IMG_20220305_084158.jpg

IMG_20220305_084144.jpg

IMG_20220303_202300.jpg

I had done a partial rebuild of my bj42, stainless and decided I didn't want the wiring harness for the lights outside and along the frame so I put them inside the cab to the rear lights, the other thing I did under hood was got some aluminum electical tubing with the black rubber exterior, ( industrial ) and ran those wires under hood. I think you may want to check the integrity of your wires and perhaps get some industrial casing to run along your frame for tail lights, You can silicone the ends so water doesn't get in. Just my two cents ! Body is looking great !

Just made my account here....nice to see other people with the same sickness that I have. Think it`s great seeing all the rust in the same places that I had it. Can somebody tell me what that tapered wedge looking sheetmetal thing is for that is under the floor? Mine was to far gone to save...but I see no use for it anyway. @ SHOWN...What color you going for?

Just made my account here....nice to see other people with the same sickness that I have. Think it`s great seeing all the rust in the same places that I had it. Can somebody tell me what that tapered wedge looking sheetmetal thing is for that is under the floor? Mine was to far gone to save...but I see no use for it anyway. @ SHOWN...What color you going for?
Hello MBA75, I'm going for ral 1003 i think. I have bought 500ml of this colour to try it and see if it's ok, otherwise i'll try something else. I want a yellow colour but not too bright. Which tapered edge sheetmetal do you mean?

The tapered thing was or is or should be under the passenger floor panel. Its spotwelded on over about half the length of the part its self and the tapered side points to the rear of the truck. I saw it in some of your pictures where the body is standing up and you can see the underside.

I was thinking about doing a yellow tone too. I chickened out and went with the 653 Olive.

The tapered thing was or is or should be under the passenger floor panel. Its spotwelded on over about half the length of the part its self and the tapered side points to the rear of the truck. I saw it in some of your pictures where the body is standing up and you can see the underside.

I was thinking about doing a yellow tone too. I chickened out and went with the 653 Olive.
This sheetmetal is heatshield because under this spot exists the exhaust muffler. Olive green is nice...🫒🫒🫒🫒🫒

This sheetmetal is heatshield because under this spot exists the exhaust muffler. Olive green is nice...🫒🫒🫒🫒🫒
Oh...ok. As I bought my truck it didn`t have the original exhaustsystem. I still need to figure out what I`m gonna do about that.

The chassis had this metal construction on it, because the vehicle was a tow truck. I have decided to leave it right where it is, because of the rusted spots of the frame. Of course i will treat them and fix them, but an extra strength for this old chassis is welcome...

IMG_20220326_082511.jpg

IMG_20220326_082519.jpg

IMG_20220326_082538.jpg

IMG_20220326_082543.jpg

I was impressed by the teflon made silentblocks of the rear suspension, so that they can handle the towing car weight.

IMG_20220326_082552.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom