FJ40 rear axle - Speedi Sleeve? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried Tech Triva link, but I got a 404 not found error message and I can’t find this info in the FAQ section.

Is there a Speedi Sleeve for the FJ40 rear axle? Has anyone used it, what’s the part number?

Last edited:
Here is a supplier. They sell on Amazon.

As @wngrog asked, which seal? And what year 40. Both will impact the answer. Either way, we have solutions @ Cruiser Outfitters

Thanks for the replies, its the axle, seal just outboard of the wheel bearing, 1974 model.

You do not want to run a speedi-sleeve on a load bearing surface like that. Replace the shaft.

Thanks for the replies, its the axle, seal just outboard of the wheel bearing, 1974 model.

I'd replace with a good condition shaft. We have in stock @ Cruiser Outfitters. Which side?

I'd replace with a good condition shaft. We have in stock @ Cruiser Outfitters. Which side?
The passenger side, the short one. I have not disassembled it yet to see the condition. I was inspecting my brakes to find the reason my 40 pulls left when braking. I found a seized wheel cylinder and some gear oil on the right rear. It’s a 1974.

The passenger side, the short one. I have not disassembled it yet to see the condition. I was inspecting my brakes to find the reason my 40 pulls left when braking. I found a seized wheel cylinder and some gear oil on the right rear. It’s a 1974.

Cool, we've got em

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom