Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be in Silverton during the event one way or the other. I'm leading about 8 guys out from the east coast. Don't know if we will get everyone registered or not. I hope so. It would be great to see everyone again!

Hey all, if anyone still follows this thread, YES we are actively working on getting HIHX, the big #10 up and going. Shooting for online registration within the next two weeks. Will post more here. May start a new thread, @paflytyer would do that.

With 2 years off, due to "you know what", it has been slow going getting back up and going. We are still working with new folks who provide us permitting, insurance, etc. A lot has changed in 2 years and we are having to figure it out.

99% SURE that the dates of event will be July 27th - July 31st. You would show up to event site, mid-day on 27th, trails 28th, 29th, 30th with a tear down/packup/clean up the site day on July 31st.

We could use the encouragement, hope everyone is still excited about getting to the mountains and having a good time.

chris
Are we still offering dibs to people who registered the first time around or is it going to be first come first serve as usual?

Very excited!

Are we still offering dibs to people who registered the first time around or is it going to be first come first serve as usual?

Very excited!
We are going to reset back to, first come, first serve. With 2 years having gone by, managing the old sign up list was not ideal. Thanks for the support.

Hey all, if anyone still follows this thread, YES we are actively working on getting HIHX, the big #10 up and going. Shooting for online registration within the next two weeks. Will post more here. May start a new thread, @paflytyer would do that.

With 2 years off, due to "you know what", it has been slow going getting back up and going. We are still working with new folks who provide us permitting, insurance, etc. A lot has changed in 2 years and we are having to figure it out.

99% SURE that the dates of event will be July 27th - July 31st. You would show up to event site, mid-day on 27th, trails 28th, 29th, 30th with a tear down/packup/clean up the site day on July 31st.

We could use the encouragement, hope everyone is still excited about getting to the mountains and having a good time.

chris
This is great news. Looking forward to more details

We are going to reset back to, first come, first serve. With 2 years having gone by, managing the old sign up list was not ideal. Thanks for the support.
On it, can't wait for the sign up date time, almost as exciting as the event!

On it, can't wait for the sign up date time, almost as exciting as the event!
Hey Kevin I've got a group of guys coming out with me that need to be introduced to a night out at the Avon this year. We are probably gonna need your leadership skills for that😬

Last edited:
Sounds great guys- looking forward to it! 🍻

Excited to see the official update coming soon, but REALLY disappointed that the spots on the list from the last two cancelled events won't be honored. I'm sure it's tough to manage, but that is lame. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been planning all year to make this happen three years in a row now. I'm just far enough away that attending the unofficial runs the last two years wasn't in the cards for me and have been really looking forward to this happening this year, based on the assurances previously that our spots were secure. Bummer.

Hey Kevin I've got a group of guys coming out with me that need to be introduced to a night out at the Avon this year. We are probably gonna need your leadership skills for that😬
Ha, you mean the famous Wyman or the Avon which I barely remember, both places were crazy.....

Excited to see the official update coming soon, but REALLY disappointed that the spots on the list from the last two cancelled events won't be honored. I'm sure it's tough to manage, but that is lame. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been planning all year to make this happen three years in a row now. I'm just far enough away that attending the unofficial runs the last two years wasn't in the cards for me and have been really looking forward to this happening this year, based on the assurances previously that our spots were secure. Bummer.
Dude. Registration hasn’t even happened yet. No reason to borrow trouble 👍

Reactions: BCM
Dude. Registration hasn’t even happened yet. No reason to borrow trouble 👍
Actually, it has. It was March 15, 2020.

Hey, I get it. It isn't ideal to manage a list full of a bunch of people who may or may not still be interested in attending. I'm sure it adds a level of complexity to an already difficult job of making this happen this year. I'll cross my fingers and try again, I guess. But, let's not pretend there aren't a whole bunch of people on that list who are rightly disappointed that we were all told we had a spot after 2020 got cancelled, then again after last year got cancelled, to find out tonight that we don't. I'm hopeful I get a spot when the new registration opens, but we all know the reality of how difficult it is to grab a spot to this event. A bunch of us who have been making plans for months/years, based on the assumption that we had a spot if the event happens, are probably not going to get in this year, and that sucks.

No lasting hard feelings either way. I'm sure it'll be a great event for whoever makes it, and either way, I appreciate the hard work it has taken over the last three years to pull this off. I'm just disappointed for all of us on the list to find out we aren't.

Hey, I get it. It isn't ideal to manage a list full of a bunch of people who may or may not still be interested in attending. I'm sure it adds a level of complexity to an already difficult job of making this happen this year. I'll cross my fingers and try again, I guess. But, let's not pretend there aren't a whole bunch of people on that list who are rightly disappointed that we were all told we had a spot after 2020 got cancelled, then again after last year got cancelled, to find out tonight that we don't. I'm hopeful I get a spot when the new registration opens, but we all know the reality of how difficult it is to grab a spot to this event. A bunch of us who have been making plans for months/years, based on the assumption that we had a spot if the event happens, are probably not going to get in this year, and that sucks.

No lasting hard feelings either way. I'm sure it'll be a great event for whoever makes it, and either way, I appreciate the hard work it has taken over the last three years to pull this off. I'm just disappointed for all of us on the list to find out we aren't.
More to worry about...my best friend's sons house today in N TX, baby due in a week.......
IMG_20220321_225247.jpg

Yikes, and yes. Grand scheme of things, this isn't a big deal at all. Hope everybody was ok.

Silver linings for anybody who doesn't get a spot this year, you probably just saved $2K in gas.

Honestly bummed at this response. I registered for HIHX 2020. It was canceled. I was told I’d be in for 2021. It was canceled. And now this news comes.

And it makes perfect sense.

Billions of lives disrupted from a pretty stupid response to a virus but that’s beside the point. Businesses shut for good. Livelihoods lost. Trillions printed. Inflation out of control. We’re in a different world than we were 2 years ago.

I honestly couldn’t imagine having this kind of whiny reaction to having to reregister again and maybe not get a spot. This years event is on my calendar. Just like last years. Hope I get in. But if not, I’ll understand and move on. But man, get some perspective and chill out.

C'mon, man. The s***tiness of the world is lost on no one. I'm not trying to equate this in any way to anything else, and there is a LOT of s***tier stuff going on, I'm just saying I'm bummed at yet another turn of events that sucks a little. Y'all acting like being bummed out is an irrational response is just silly.

If I get in, I'll be stoked. If I don't, I'll understand why and be bummed for ten minutes and move on to planning something else. My biggest mistake, like usual, is to say anything online at all. My fault for assuming that anybody else on 'MUD would understand being bummed out by finding out their spot to HIH they'd been looking forward to for three years disappeared in a single post.

Hopefully, everybody who wants to go gets a spot, we can all share a beer in the mountains, have a great time, and forget about all the s***tiness for a few days.

chris

You know I'll be there! Been "unofficially" up there the past 2 years and ready to get the band back together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom