Shocks - Rebuild or Replace? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, one of my Radflo coilovers is starting to seep, so it's decision time.....rebuild or replace. For context, I bought and had them installed by Mark and his team at Metaltech about 6 years ago and they have been one of the best investments I have made in my GX (beyond normal oil changes).

Rebuilding would require me to have some cheap alternative installed (used 5110's? OEM s from a junk yard??) to get me through the 2-3 weeks of the rebuild. I don;t have access to a garage or the equipment, so this would entail shop time (which is hard to get scheduled).

Replacing would mean that I have to wait out the 12-16 weeks to have them built and shipped from California.

The last option would be to switch to Icon as I can find some rebuilt ones for sale on the forums or buy new from Metaltech/4WP (kidding, would go back to Mark given his support here). I am not sure I really want to switch given how well my Radflos (front and rear) have treated me.

How have y'all tackled this?

Thanks!

6 years is not a long time…so I would rebuild. Wear 5100s or whatever else you can find for cheap while the Radflos are rebuilt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom