Builds My BJ R 60 !! resurrected, almost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I have a new shock coming in on warranty !! 👍 Got a lot of the front axle done also, another 👍
Was a lot of work to fab up the spring hangers but got r done thanks to the Ruff Stuff stuff ! Had a hard time getting the proper pinion angle right as on the passenger side the axle is more square than round with affected the u bolts so I had to get a new top plate made a little wider to fix the problem.

Pics for your viewing pleasure ..

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2450.JPG
IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2454.JPG

Yes, I know, but it has been done in here before, if I remember well, SNLC had a build a while back with this setup. My springs are tweaked a little giving it a little more than 4 ' lift. I had some bumpsteer in it.

found it... rmp-os-1984-fj60-v8-lockers-and-more.489859

Getting more done... Got the new gear set installed in the rear, also took out the extra leaf spring I added last year for the new bags..
Waiting on putting the bags back in as I am looking at an air system so I can control them from inside. Was looking at the Vivair systems ??
Any advice here ??

IMG_2535.JPG
IMG_2536.JPG

Now on the front when I cut out the fender liners for my shock hoops it left a pretty big gap so mud and water would get in the engine bay a little to much so I took some time to block this off.. (IH8MUD) lol

IMG_2541.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

IMG_2542.JPG
IMG_2543.JPG
IMG_2548.JPG

Curious. How many 37s can it handle?
Like one tire, let it cool off for 30 minutes or can it do all 4 back to back?
Seems to say back to back, full duty cycle, to be honest airing down won't be much of a problem for me ! just having a good air for the bags and some extra. 👍

Pete, you have some mad fab skills man! Sheesh, I wish I could do that. Yiu know, these things take forever to build...sigh

Puma 12v air compressor also has a 100% duty cycle, very reliable and reasonably priced if you're shopping around.

Pete, you have some mad fab skills man! Sheesh, I wish I could do that. Yiu know, these things take forever to build...sigh

Thank you, I am trying very hard !! lol. I am no pro, trust me.. Believe me or not, it took me 4 days to get the wheel wells done !! o_O
They do take time, but I am learning a lot.

And its keeping me out of trouble, But broke... HA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom