CruiserCult 40 Series Product offerings (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Cult

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruisercult.com
Hey everyone! An introduction for our small enterprise. We have mainly been on Instagram, and a little here in the classifieds on mud, but are all LOOOOONG time Mud members. We are a group of like minded cruiser-heads who wanted to come together and not only share our love for these amazing vehicles but develop some cool products for them as well. Check out our IG account @the_cruiser_cult and www.cruisercult.com for more info on us and what we have been up to! Lots of great content from historical facts, literature, interviews with experts in the cruiser world and our own generated content.

In addition to that we have been ramping up development of products and wanted to have a dedicated thread to share these projects. A lot of thought goes into everything we make so why not share that with you all.

Our first product we have for the 40 series! These are landed and we are shipping out to people who went in on the pre-order.

092D86B8-E007-4587-BC8E-70C5C3496ADF.jpeg

Order Details 👇

Last edited:
Another product we are now offering are reproduction 1962-1968 FJ40 rear taillight cones! We really took our time and faithfully measured every aspect of an original cone. Matching the tiny ridges and curvature. Lots of back and forth but we got it, they are a perfect fit!

05D2C72A-F333-43F7-8879-4ABB3D2BA8A3.jpeg

E17916D6-9C1A-4C5D-B309-8D363BD280BC.jpeg

3F1308C0-4A11-413E-B385-DF7E3224327B.jpeg

One thing we are curious about and maybe others know, is if the cones came with their own gasket from the factory. The main gasket that comes with a new OEM taillight fits the cones perfectly which makes me think you really need two of those gaskets for a complete system. Sadly, the OEM light units only come with one gasket. To get around that I think the only option is to buy a second set of lights and steal the main gasket off the lights and use it for the cone. You can see the tiny ridge around the rim of the cone, its molded perfectly to match that OEM gasket.

841D426C-5FE5-4515-9EC4-12E955F0019D.jpeg
868CF834-F1F2-4005-9FAD-EC3CF4952673.jpeg

That being said, we are working on making a nice high quality foam seal for the cones so we can offer a full system. Hoping to get those out shortly, we are working with our local gasket maker.

Thanks to @S4Cruiser for letting us use his install photos.

Some NOS goodness for you all. We were able to aquire a few of these, pick up one before we run out.

Do you have a 3-speed on the column on your pre-1972 FJ40? Chances are good you need a new bushing for that column shifter! These bushings (often called a "seat") have long been NLA. That didn't stop us here at the Cruiser Cult though. We searched high and low and found a OEM work around! Yes these are genuine Toyota rubber bushings. They are a tad shorter than the originals (see photos) but work just fine where it matters (at the pivot point). The result is immediately clear with a smooth and cushioned lever movement.

There are little "feet" on the bushing that may need to be trimmed before install.

DA155BF1-0233-448C-8DF2-5BF5F2767B7D.jpeg

636A359E-2A74-4A55-8771-2BEC0B34AC56.jpeg

CB41281F-92C2-41C6-B28C-570FC5C4DE5A.jpeg

Since you guys are still rolling out new things on a somewhat regular basis, and I always like to save on shipping, could I pay you now for one of these and have you hang onto it for a while in case I see some other things that could be shipped together?
My Karma Cruiser could use one of those.😊

Since you guys are still rolling out new things on a somewhat regular basis, and I always like to save on shipping, could I pay you now for one of these and have you hang onto it for a while in case I see some other things that could be shipped together?
My Karma Cruiser could use one of those.😊

Hey Mark!

We have a good supply of these bushings and will continue to stock while we have access to them. Feel free to order whenever it is convenient and we can ship at that time. Thanks for the support! 🙏

@MadMace

Hey Mark!

We have a good supply of these bushings and will continue to stock while we have access to them. Feel free to order whenever it is convenient and we can ship at that time. Thanks for the support! 🙏
I will take that as a polite ‘no’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom